Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jarmengol
Level 9

Re: Module Core Service high cpu and ram usage

Selvan,

I don't know what your rol is as a Moderator to this "Support Community" if it means you are part of Mcafee's staff or speak on their behalf. But after weeks of waiting for a solution, asking for more patience with no expectation for a solution is totally unacceptable. You say "if any news" as if there might or might not be a solution coming up soon. As a customer who has payed for an expensive product designed to protect and improve my computer, this type of "mistake" that renders my computer almost unusable is pathetic. If it's within your duties please let us know how to get a refund, if not, tell whoever is in charge to do so.

smk420
Level 8

Any updates on a fix?  My comptuer is running so slow and it is becuase this software is hogging all the memory.  

0 Kudos
YuriyOk
Level 8

Dear Selvan!

You promised to inform us how the problem is being solved. Any news? When can you expect a solution?

jarmengol
Level 9

Who can confirm are utorrent users? In my computer, having managed to reduce the size of the Memory after a Mcafee update, I have confirmed when utorrent is closed the memory won't increase... the moment I open it, it will begin to grow again... Haven't found (at least yet) any other application that will increase the Memory consumed... 

0 Kudos
smk420
Level 8

I'm not using utorrent and have the memory problem
0 Kudos

We are aware of this issue and working on a resolution with the highest priority. This does not impact the security of your machine and we will continue updating this thread on the progress towards resolution. Thank you for your patience!

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

b>Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
0 Kudos

...working on a resolution with the highest priority.

Since when? Since it was reported over a MONTH ago? Or just since you posted that message?

This does not impact the security of your machine...

Obviously you know what the problem is then so please tell us. 

THE FACT THAT OUR MACHINES ARE UNUSABLE CERTAINLY HELPS.

...we will continue updating this thread on the progress towards resolution.

"Continue"? I seem to have missed all of the other "updates".

Thank you for your patience!

That is bordering on offensive. We don't have a choice. Perhaps an apology might have been more appropriate.

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

NO. But let's hope that at long last we have a glimmer of hope.

HOW CAN MCAFEE POSSIBLY CLAIM TO BE ABLE TO KEEP US SAFE FROM VIRUSES AND MALWARE WHEN IT HAS TAKEN A MONTH JUST TO GET A VAGUE ACKNOLEGMENT OF THE FACT THAT MCAFEE ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE IS CRIPPLING OUR COMPUTERS?! 

smk420
Level 8

I smell a class action lawsuit comming...........

Pretty solid grounds to go legal.

We bought software that was promised to keep our computers safe from malware but that software made our computers unusable...just like malware would.

We are just the few Mcafee customers victims who have the knowhow to identify Mcafee antivirus as the cause of the problem and have posted here. How many others do you think there are out there who don't know Mcafee is the problem...yet? I'm willing to bet it is well into the thousands.

Paulf0063
Level 7

My Computer started to day with the high memory usage..... Looks like there is no solution from reading posts above. Guess the only solution is to dump this crap software off my computer...

Bye Bye Mcfee, I dont care if I lose money now but I hope a million other people dont renew either.

0 Kudos