cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Module Core Service high cpu and ram usage

Jump to solution
Tang18 I think they removed your comment in Facebook? Sorry but not working...
YuriyOk
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 42 of 110

Jump to solution

I agree. It makes sense to post information about the problem in addition to sites with reviews about the program. I accidentally discovered another problem: C: \ ProgramData \ McAfee \ MSC \ Logs \ {D7FB805D-8827-4A38-8241-340B5D18D9F7} .log

occupies almost 25 Gb. Technical support recommended completely to reinstall McAfee. This I did on 2018.01.31. The file size has decreased to several KB, but then it began to grow again. 2018.04.04 the file has become more than 700 megabytes.

I recommend that everyone check the size of this file.

Jump to solution

Same problem here, my computer is really slow, the module core service high cpu and is stressful to run a computer like these, I need this fix or my money back

Highlighted

Jump to solution

So as someone already mentioned, I hadn't checked the Windows 10 updates either, taking for granted it was updated since it's supposed to be automatic... So I checked... it showed I was missing "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4089848)" I checked and it's supposed to be available since 22/03/18... it took a long while to update (735,5MB) ... but after installation and restart the Module Core Service is down to only 14,7MB... Also others have mentioned after updating it started increasing again after few days... so we'll see...

YuriyOk
Level 8
Message 45 of 110

Jump to solution

The installation of "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4089848)" and the full reinstallation of McAfee do not help. These operations are supported by technical support on my computer on 2018.04.05. Module Core Service first consumed 20-30 megabytes of RAM, the next day 180-200, April 8 to 1 Gb, and on April 9 more than 2 Gb.

When my PC first failed due to the fault of the Module Core Service, I downloaded it from the system recovery disc. The picture was exactly the same. At first, this process consumed 20-30 megabytes of RAM, and then it reached 4 Gb. Conclusion: McAfee simply breaks the system.

Jump to solution

Same Problem, my Core Service is using about 800MB in stand by and rises to 8GB when im doing something. need help from the suport teck please.

Jump to solution

Following my previous message, after updating, restarting and some use, the Module Core Service is growing, haven't reached the previous values but I guess it will... Has anyone asked for a refund yet? if so, what has been Mcafee's response? As soon as the size goes back to unacceptable values I will contact them myself... Anyway can anyone suggest a good alternative to this antivirus please?

Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Message 48 of 110

Jump to solution

Hi All

Please clarify if the Module Core Service uses high CPU or high Memory. We have to treat these as seperate issues and investigate. Awaiting the below details in your reply

1. Version of McAfee Suite - Open the user interface > Click Account > About
  2. System Manufacturer - Dell, HP or Lenovo
  3. Operating System - Windows 7, 8.1, 10
  4. Issue occurence - x times a day, x times a week
  5. Other observations - happened after a Windows Update, happens when PC wakes from Sleep, hibernate
  6. Volunteers willing to share logs (McAfee related) - More details on log collection process available in the article TS101980

Jump to solution

Hi Selvan,

1. McAfee LiveSafe Version 16.8 R8, Compilation: 16.8.108, AffId 105.

2. Dell Inspiron.

3. Windows 10.

4. Always.

5. At it's worst regarding Module Core Service: CPU ussage was going up to 20-30% when laptop was on... difficult to know exactly when, but the fan of the laptop was going crazy without even using it (this is how I noticed there was an issue). Memory has also had value peaks of up to 8-9GB at it's worst and usually 3-4GB. Nothing of this would change after restart.

As I mentioned previouly, yesterday I updated Windows Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4089848) and the problem seemed solved, the CPU was mainly in 0% and Memory value went up to 20MB. Today after some PC use, CPU usage still seemed ok but the Memory was aleady getting values of 100-200 MB. As some people have already mentioned, it seems it will only get worse, so a while ago I decided to TOTALLY unistall McAfee and reinstall, since it has also been mentioned this is what customer service does and it works for some time. I can confirm once again Memory went down, after restart it was about 20MB and is currently in 30MB. I will keep you updated with the progress in the next days.

Jump to solution

As a follow up to yesterday's messages, today I turned on and used the laptop very little, Memory had slightly increased to about 400MB I left it on for a few hours and the value has increased to about 1GB. When I came back, just to do something with the computer, I tried opening and closing Outlook, Word, Excel, to see if there was any change, and I don't really see any variation the exact moment I open them. However, I just sit and stay looking at the values of CPU and Memory and they are totally erratic, CPU will stay mostly at 0-5% but will suddenly increase to 20-30% for a few seconds... same with Memory that for now stays close to 1GB but increases to 2GB for a few seconds, sometimes will even reach 3-4 GB and will go down back to 1GB.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community