Not sure if this is related to the McAfee Management Service host - VERY HIGH CPU USAGE issue, hence posting in a new thread.
So, today McAfee started acting out all weird. Randomly when playing games my fps would drop to 1, and the whole game would freeze/lag for a few seconds before returning to normal. After a while I managed to figure out that McAfee's Module Core Service was the culprit -- it randomly jumps up to 20-30% CPU usage (which causes the whole laptop to lag to the point where I can't even move the mouse), while also maintaining a consistent 2-3GB of ram usage (see https://imgur.com/a/9Yj9M)!
What is Module Core Service doing that can cause it to freeze the whole system like this? And is there anything I can do to prevent this?
I have tested restarting, with no results. McAfee Virtual Technician or whatever it is called found no problems. I'm running Win 10 x64, with McAfee LiveSafe 16.0 R8.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Ah, sorry my fault for misleading ... im in the wrong thread
The problem should disappear in CA Engine version 1.1.126 or later. Refer to my previous posts on how to identify the engine version.
I posted the above 2 weeks ago and finally contacted McAfee to discuss. The McAfee tech remotely updated my McAfee and Windows 10. The problem now appears to be resolved.
I have this issue as well. McAfee Module Core Service as of this moment is using about 40% CPU and 70% Memory (4000MB) when I am running nothing else but Google Chrome.
I've done multiple scans with the McAfee LiveSafe tool but nothing unusual comes up.
I've tried ending the McAfee Module Core Service via task manager but it is impossible. I've traced the service to C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ModuleCore , but I'm reluctant to do anything as it seems to be related to the registry.
I'm also having this problem on Windows 7. Nothing has changed, it's a stable system with no issues at all until today it suddenly grinds to a halt. At first I thought it had crashed because it was completely uinresponsive.
Task manager shows ModuleCoreService.exe constantly using 25-50% of cpu and abput 3.6-9GB of ram. WTF?! I've tried all the obvious stuff. PC is unusable like this.
McAfee seems to be notorious for this usse from what I've read. I paid a lot of money for the bells and whistles with unlimited licences. Unless I see a solution here quickly I'll be uninstalling it and demanding a refund (under Australian Consumer Law) because the product is 'not fit for purpose'. I'll then go back to a free one like Avira which kept me safe for years and never caused any issues.
I have also had this issue for the last two or three days.
At some points Module Core Services is at 60-70% of the CPU usage and I get typing lags, Chrome slows down etc. The memory usage is also high for Module Core Services.
My name is Farhan and I am a Tier 2.5 Technician with McAfee. To look at the issue and collect some logs., I will need a machine in which the issue is seen. Please let me know if you will be willing to allow me to collect necessary logs/details from your machine.
I will send youa Private Message and we can discuss further.
McAfee Tier 2.5 Technician