I am a LiveSafe user and have the latest version. I've had no problems for two years. However today the 'mcafee module core service' has invaded a staple disk called. The rugged PC is almost unable to open the folder. Is there a solution to this nonsense? I can't handle any of my work, and it really hurts me!
Solved! Go to Solution.
The guy on webchat said that they can fix the issue if you contact them on webchat and allow them to take control of your PC. You won't have to un/reinstall if they do that. I declined this, so the guy said that the only way to fix it myself was to un/reinstall McAfee LiveSafe.
This issue was known by McAfee and it was fixed in the release version 16.0.17. We don't have any reports of seeing this issue after the release of this version. The latest version of McAfee is 16.0.23
Try to update McAfee and also check if it runs on the latest version 16.0.23
Please follow the below steps to update McAfee.
Once the update is successful, please go to My Info tab and select About.
Check if it has the McAfee Version 16.0.17 or above.
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Having the same problem here and it might explain why my computer has been so sluggish for some time. I am very close to uninstalling McAfee and putting in Norton....
I've been having the exact same problem with McAfee LiveSafe as you're having; since it updated itself to a newer version when I used my computer yesterday. Now my computer has slowed down to a crawl and Task Manager is showing 100% Disk, as is shown in your screen capture picture. I don't want to have to resort to using System Restore if I don't have to, but this is a nightmare. Every program and file are taking ages to open. McAfee please, please fix this ASAP!!!
I have the same problem on two machines that updated yesterday. Disk Usage is 100%. McAfee Module Core Service is the culprit, according to task manager.
Please advise us how to fix this, or issue a fix.
Also seeing this. Mcafee updated today and afterwards my workstation was very sluggish and basically unusable. Win7. Mcafee upgraded to 16.0 R16. Looked at task manager, then to resource monitor, and found hundreds of writes per second to c:\ProgramData\McAfee\ClientAnalytics\DADatabase.db-journal
hopefully there is a registry or properties adjustment to fix this. Thinking of booting into safe mode then uninstalling then reinstalling. Would like feedback from mcafee. Called support earlier and that was useless. Will call back on Saturday.
I've just started to get this problem, as well. Please put out a fix soon, I haven't had a problem the few months prior to this and I've been really happy with my services.