cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Mcafee Module Core Service %100 Disk!

Jump to solution

Still no "official" response or even a comment from a Moderator.

Is the solution provided by "tronkus" supported by McAfee?  I for one, will not be trying it until it is approved.  This is now a scandalous situation that McAfee must resolve urgently.

The silence is deafening.

Jump to solution

OK. so I receive an email from McAfee saying ....

"We would like to inform you that lot of CPU is being utilized by McAfee issue has been resolved by the new release version of McAfee 16.0.R17".

I reply to this email asking if the 100% disk usage has been sorted and later get a phone call to confirm that this new release sorts both problems.

I have now reinstalled McAfee and have been running for nearly 6 hours with no problems.

Fingers crossed eh!

Jump to solution

Did you reinstall it or just got an update of the software?

Tags (4)
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 34 of 37

Jump to solution

I don't care anymore..

I have entirley uninstalled mcafee and installed kaspersky free.

It does not inflate my cpu,it protects better and less expensive.

By by mcafee..see you no more..

Jump to solution

I had already uninstalled McAfee as my pc was so slow.  So it was reinstall and update.

Still working fine today.

Gerrha
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 36 of 37

Jump to solution

After suffering for several months, I reinstalled the software about 2 weeks ago and everything seemed fine until a few days ago when Module Core Service started consuming more and more disk time. It finally got so bad I decided to reinstall again.

Here is the interesting part: The new installation loads a much older version of the software that does not have all the bells and whistles of the most recent version. It appears the newer version has some problems that McAfee does not have the in-house expertise, or priority, to resolve.....

Jump to solution

Well that has been 2 months free from the dreaded 100% disk usage but sadly, the problem has returned and I have spent hours trying to fix this issue.  Finally, I uninstalled McAfee and all is well.

I will not be reinstaling this software again.