cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 37

Re: Mcafee Module Core Service %100 Disk!

Jump to solution

I have the same problem  since few weeks ago.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 22 of 37

Jump to solution

I have uninstalled and re-installed, no changing. Module Core Service is neither stopped nor cancelled.It writes/read HDD without interruption.I will uninstall macAfee and will never renew my subscription.

That's enough..I don't wanna be cheated with my own money..

Moderator ymdfarhan
Message 23 of 37

Jump to solution

Hi all

McAfee is aware of this issue and currently working on this issue on high priority. We will keep this thread posted as soon as we have an update.

Regards
Farhan

Jump to solution

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem and that work on a fix is underway.  I have tried the uninstall / reinstall route but the problem returned within an hour or so.  My pc is fine with McAfee removed.

I reported this problem today via live chat and the agent told me that this was, indeed a known issue. He offered to carry out a reinstall but  I declined as my pc is unuseable with McAfee running.

I will monitor this thread for news.  Thanks.

Jump to solution

Same problem and thanks to this thread I can see how poor is McAfee IT support. Those guys dedicate to this stuff, should have worked on a solution and provded a new update within hours. But now 3 weeks and still same problem to hundreds or thousand of computers. I will ask my money back, no more business with this disgraceful company.

Jump to solution

And by the way, why the hell this is marked as "SOLVED"???

Uninstalling and reinstalling is a solution??? (even if it was that doesn't work for all people)

Hand-made remote access to your private computer upon demand is a solution???

PLEASE STOP TEASING ON US

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I totally agree that this has gone beyond what is acceptable.

I have now been running for several weeks with Windows Defender and my pc is absolutely fine.

I was offered a fix by remote access but refused after reading this thread where someone gave remote access for over an hour with no fix at the end of it.  They cannot sort everyone by remote access. The agent eventually admitted that they needed remote access to try to identify the problem.  Not on my pc they don't.  I agreed to be notified by email when a fix was available.

I paid for a two year subscription and now wonder if I can get a pro rata refund.

Not good enough McAfee!

Jump to solution

I had live chat support and this is the "solution" they have:

- Open Task Manager and end task "Module Core Service"

- Go to C:\ProgramData\McAfee\ClientAnalytics\ and delete the file "DADatabase.db"

I wonder if when I restart the computer the problem will still be present (will report later on, wanted to give at least sobre breathing for the affected people)

Final fix or not, it is UNACCEPTABLE that nobody from the company posted here this. So is the fact that they refuse to give my money back because it is more than 60 days after payment. I will deal with this issue in a separate thread, not happy at all

Jump to solution

Yeah, I read about that as well.  Problem is, the McAfee Core Service cannot be stopped by something as simple as "End Task" in Task Manager....at least not on my system.  I ended up having to remove the software and then reinstall it.  That did the trick for me.  I know some others did not have success with that method though, so perhaps it is a hit-or-miss "fix".  Good luck.

Jump to solution

As no one from McAfee is so kind to post the solution for this issue here (ALTHOUGH IT SHOULD BE THEIR BL**DY JOB), let me share it:

- Open Task Manager, tab DETAILS and end task "Module Core Service" from username "SYSTEM" (

- Go to C:\ProgramData\McAfee\ClientAnalytics\ and delete the file "DADatabase.db"

- In case the Module Core Service is protected, open McAfee and look to disable "ACCESS PROTECTION"

In my particular case, the DADatabase.db file was about 7 MB when I deleted it. After rebooting, it is just a 16 kB file.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community