cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Mcafee Module Core Service %100 Disk!

Jump to solution

I just spoke to a McAfee advisor on webchat.  They're in the process of creating a patch to fix the issue, but if you uninstall and reinstall McAfee it will fix it.  I've done that and it's fixed.  My disk is barely being used on Task Manager now.

Jump to solution

I have 5 machines running Livesafe, so uninstall/reinstall is not a great plan for me.  I have 2 that updated to version 16 R16 with this issue and the rest hadn't updated yet, still running 16 R14.  I turned off automatic updating on all the machines.  I used system restore to roll back to Dec 13 on one of the machines that had updated and was having issues, and that fixed it, but back to version 16 R14 with updates turned off.  One machine is running 16 R16, I shut it down for 3 hours and now it isn't having this issue with disk usage.  I don't know why.

I'm waiting for a patch before updating all my machines as I don't plan to waste the rest of my Saturday uninstalling and reinstalling broken software.

Thanks for the updates, keep this thread going so we can know what works.  It would be nice to hear from McAfee on this issue in this thread.

Jump to solution

The guy on webchat said that they can fix the issue if you contact them on webchat and allow them to take control of your PC.  You won't have to un/reinstall if they do that.  I declined this, so the guy said that the only way to fix it myself was to un/reinstall McAfee LiveSafe.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

I've given them permission for remote control on yesterday. They worked for about 1-1.5 hours. They sent some files to them. Now they said gonna call me on Monday. I wouldn't be surprised if they told me to uninstall and reinstall the program on the phone call on Monday. I think I'm gonna uninstall and reinstall.

Jump to solution

Hi ortegaseason,  did you uninstall mcafee via windows control panel/programs & features? Or another way?  Having difficulties trying that same way to uninstall. Not getting any response back since all my computer is doing is hitting the disk.  Thinking of lowering the priority of the ModuleCoreService task.  Thx.

Jump to solution

I reinstall and solved the problem. @mrovelli no need to uninstall the program yourself. Go to your own Mcafee account. From there, follow the steps to reinstall. It will automatically uninstall the program.

Jump to solution

Thanks @AhmetS10 .  My problem is that it is taking forever to bring up a browser so I can't really get to service.mcafee.com.  OS is too busy processing the disk writes. Thinking of alternatives. Thx.

Jump to solution

finally fixed...  downloaded McAfee_Installer_serial_LeyJ6S2PPK9FDNh8JtZiMQ2_key_affid_105_akey.exe from McAfee (finally!), then opened a command prompt (Run as Admin), and ran the install from the command line.  the installed cleaned up the previous botched 16.0 R16 install and all is back good.  thanks all!

Gerrha
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 19 of 37

Jump to solution

I finally resorted to a re-installation as well and it seems to now be fixed. Too bad McAfee could not come out and acknowledge that there is in fact a problem with the previous version and to re-install......

Jump to solution

Today (Nov 20) right before starting a Windows update, the Module Core Service went haywire - that was at 9:30 a.m. CST.  It is now 3:28 p.m. and it is STILL doing this.  I am unable to stop it or remove it.  Currently using an HP laptop with an AMD-A10 processor 2.5 GHz - with Windows 10 64-bit.  I've been using McAffee software for the past 3 or 4 years with no issues...until today.  How can this be fixed??!?!?  Engine.js version is 1.1.156 (if that helps)  Please provide an answer ASAP because using my system at this point is so slow as to be almost pointless!

Update:  I uninstalled (did not select the 'uninstall all files' option) and then reinstalled - problem solved.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community