cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mcafee Module Core Service %100 Disk!

Jump to solution

I am a LiveSafe user and have the latest version. I've had no problems for two years. However today the 'mcafee module core service' has invaded a staple disk called. The rugged PC is almost unable to open the folder. Is there a solution to this nonsense? I can't handle any of my work, and it really hurts me!

kkkk-crop.png

MY SYSTEM

sistem özeliikleri-crop.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mcafee Module Core Service %100 Disk!

Jump to solution

The guy on webchat said that they can fix the issue if you contact them on webchat and allow them to take control of your PC.  You won't have to un/reinstall if they do that.  I declined this, so the guy said that the only way to fix it myself was to un/reinstall McAfee LiveSafe.

36 Replies
Gerrha
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 37

Jump to solution

Having the same problem here and it might explain why my computer has been so sluggish for some time. I am very close to uninstalling McAfee and putting in Norton....

Highlighted
PK5555
Level 7
Message 3 of 37

Jump to solution

I've been having the exact same problem with McAfee LiveSafe as you're having; since it updated itself to a newer version when I used my computer yesterday. Now my computer has slowed down to a crawl and Task Manager is showing 100% Disk, as is shown in your screen capture picture. I don't want to have to resort to using System Restore if I don't have to, but this is a nightmare. Every program and file are taking ages to open. McAfee please, please fix this ASAP!!!

PK5555
Level 7
Message 4 of 37

Jump to solution
Today I right clicked on the McAfee LiveSafe taskbar icon and clicked (Check for updates). Some updates were downloaded and installed. I then decided to restart my PC and then I ran a defragmentation program I use called; Diskeeper. My PC seems to be running normally again. I’m keeping my eye on McAfee Module Core Service as shown in Task Manager. At the time of writing this, it is currently using 0% Disk. Problem fixed??? I hope so!!! My PC uses Windows 8.1

Jump to solution

I have the same problem on two machines that updated yesterday.  Disk Usage is 100%.  McAfee Module Core Service is the culprit, according to task manager.  

Please advise us how to fix this, or issue a fix.

Jump to solution

Also seeing this. Mcafee updated today and afterwards my workstation was very sluggish and basically unusable. Win7. Mcafee upgraded to 16.0 R16. Looked at task manager, then to resource monitor, and found hundreds of writes per second to c:\ProgramData\McAfee\ClientAnalytics\DADatabase.db-journal

hopefully there is a registry or properties adjustment to fix this. Thinking of booting into safe mode then uninstalling then reinstalling. Would like feedback from mcafee. Called support earlier and that was useless. Will call back on Saturday.

Jump to solution

McAfee installed the updates yesterday and now I'm having the same issue.  My PC has been unusable for 24 hours now.  I hope this is fixed ASAP.

jigo
Level 7
Message 8 of 37

Jump to solution

I've just started to get this problem, as well. Please put out a fix soon, I haven't had a problem the few months prior to this and I've been really happy with my services.

Jump to solution

This has started to happen to me, as well.  I can't do pretty much anything with my PC now, since everything bogs down.  Please provide an update to resolve this ASAP!

Jump to solution

A new update has been installed right now. Nothing has changed. The same nonsense continues. I can't run any programs with my computer! This is really frustrating!

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community