cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee VPN and My Internet Provider

Jump to solution

Ever since more of My Online Games had been having "Connection Error:  Please check Your Internet Connection" Issues' and I even had shown them proof that My Window's Internet Diagnostic Tool shows that there is "No Problem"... I been thinking about getting a VPN.  

I was going to give VirtualShield a try but McAfee flagged the Download as "risky"; so, I didn't download It.  Went to My Internet Provider's Website and I didn't see anything available for VPN or just didn't look in the right place. However, I did see that You, McAfee, offer VPN Services' and I am wondering if the McAfee VPN Service is compatible with COX; since, My Anti-Virus is Cox Security Suite:  Powered by McAfee? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: McAfee VPN and My Internet Provider

Jump to solution

@karthikeyan_J  

Even though My Last Question was NOT answered, the Main Question was. Thank You. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @pcolafladwd,

Yes, VPN service that is Safe Connect offered by McAfee can be used even when your Cox Internet Security suite is installed on your PC.

McAfee Safe Connect supports iOS 10.0 or later, Android 4.4 or higher, and Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 (32- and 64-bit). Please make sure the Operating system is up to date.

You can download Safe Connect using the below link.

https://www.mcafee.com/en-us/vpn/mcafee-safe-connect.html

Regards,

Karthikeyan J

Highlighted

Jump to solution

@karthikeyan_J   

Thank You for Your Reply.  

It is very nice to know that the VPN will work on My Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Operating Systems'.  So, McAfee's Safe Connect is compatible with Cox Communication's Ethernet/ Internet Connection too?  

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response. Yes, Safe Connect will work with Cox Communication's Ethernet/ Internet Connection. 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

@karthikeyan_J  

Thank You!  

Last Question (Hopefully xD )... Is the McAfee Safe Connect compatible with Any Browsers', including Ones' that might have VPN Built-in?  

Highlighted

Jump to solution

@karthikeyan_J 

@Madhan 

I asked another Question on Friday, September 4th and It is now... September 9th with no Reply. =/ 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

@karthikeyan_J  

Even though My Last Question was NOT answered, the Main Question was. Thank You. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @pcolafladwd,

Sorry about the delay and inconvenience.

Yes, Safe connect will work with any browser. But if there is a VPN feature in-built and if it is turned ON, then it might conflict with Safe Connect. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community