Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manukumars@hotm
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 41 of 193

Re: McAfee Management Service host - VERY HIGH CPU USAGE

I did re-install the way it was instructed (after cleaning up the remnants with MCPR etc).   After that incidence of McAfee Management Service Host using CPU beyond 80% has come down drastically,  thought it happened once. immediately after re-installing. Things are quieter thereafter.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 42 of 193

So what is it running at now? Mine at 0% cpu 46,764K memory

Reliable Contributor
Message 43 of 193

had a couple other users in the main thread try reinstall but same issue unsure why yours worked

Dyceone
Not applicable
Message 44 of 193

I have a new laptop arriving today, the first thing I am going to do is remove the McAfee free trial and install an alternative.  This issue has been doing my head in for some time now and I've had enough.

epcrs
Not applicable
Message 45 of 193

It's because many people does not know how to get here! Same issue here and LOTS of people complainning about this in many other foruns!

Reliable Contributor
Message 46 of 193

Well only way to fix this is more get dumps and tell us here so we can get Mcafee to grab them as they and we slaves here cannot reproduce this at all. It is not saying it is not happening just something common to the user's PCs is clashing with Mcafee. If a mod had it we would have sent off logs etc ages ago.

that said still noone posted any nonstandard programs they have installed to see if we can see a common link.

Reliable Contributor
Message 47 of 193

Warning as of end of sunday any post here and replies will be lost in the change over to a new forum software. We mods will though note anything you post till then wrt availability of dumps and program lists

AntiVirusShop
Not applicable
Message 48 of 193

It seems like your problem is not solved in your most updated install package. I am experiencing the same problem here. Obviously if twelve users (now thirteen) are reporting the problem on a million users base, your code has an exception it cannot handle. This sounds like an easy and lazy reason not to address the issue. 

paqueta@acm.org
Not applicable
Message 49 of 193

Hello,

I joined this conversation because I noticed that my McAfee Management Service host was taking most of the CPU time (75% of 80%) on my PC, and found out on this site (through Google) that it had started at the same time as others here. I did not have much time to look into it, then. Finally, I found time and begun by restarting the PC. Well, miracle... the problem just vanished. I will check if it comes back.

André

davidmerrifield
Not applicable
Message 50 of 193

Hi Andre. You are lucky. Mine was not resolved by restarting, and I lost hours of my day yesterday watching a cursor pointer freeze several times a day. I have now uninstalled McAfee completely and reverted to Norton, which I use across the rest of my business in any case. Problem sorted!