cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: McAfee Management Service host - VERY HIGH CPU USAGE

understandable - hard to work with a product

when support replys herer once every few weeks.

shame. wasnt bad for a few yrs but mcafee and

support reliability is not good

Moderator ymdfarhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 182 of 193

Hi all

Regret the delay in getting back on this. The issue was confirmed to be resolved in version 16.0 R12. The latest version available currently is 16.0 R15 and this issue shouldn't be happening anymore.

Please let us know the version of McAfee in which you are still facing this isue and confirm if it is mmsshost.exe which is consuming high CPU usage.

Regards
Farhan

bl1259
Level 8
Message 183 of 193

Hello I am currently running Windows-10 64-bit (patched yesterday) with McAfee LiveSafe Release 16.0R14. When I try to update it tells me I already have the latest version. I noticed McAfee Management Service Host in a very high CPU state last week, and rebooted, and I see the same thing again today. Any suggestions please? Ben
bl1259
Level 8
Message 184 of 193

I had this happen again today.

It seems to be related to usage of the Opera browser.   I restarted the Opera browser, and the McAfee Management Service Host went back to normal CPU usage (for now).   At least I don't have to reboot.

CS
Level 7
Message 185 of 193

This is most certainly NOT fixed. I quit Norton to move here because of the issue of my CPU being abused.

For context I have a 280mm AIO with 2x Maglev fans on it. I'm seeing 80C temps with my setup in a full tower. This is unnaceptable. I cannot even end the task via task manager!totally fixed.pngTotally fixed...

JPradas
Level 7
Message 186 of 193

I have version 16.0 R15. Yestarday I started to suffer this problem.
I would need a prompt solution. McAfee Management Service Host is using about 40-50% of my CPU. I have a good PC (I7-7700, 16GB Ram, GTX1060, SSD + HD).

Any suggestion??

Moderator ymdfarhan
Message 187 of 193

Hello JPradas

Please check if there is any McAfee scan or any McAfee related activity going on at the time you notice McAfee Management Service Host using 40%-50% of CPU. 40& usage is normal if there any McAfee activity running on the machine.

Regards
Farhan

JPradas
Level 7
Message 188 of 193

No, there was no other McAfee software doint that.

The 40% to 50% usage was because MMS Host. I am 100% sure. I read it in the task manager. I was monitoring during long times several times.

Anyway I have restarted my PC a couple of times. After 2nd time problem seems to be OK but I would not trust it is solved because I had same problem yesterday. I turned off yesterday to turn it on again today to face problem today. So I think problem could repeat.
- Is it a known problem for you?
- What should I do if it repeats again?
Thanks in advance!!!

Moderator ymdfarhan
Message 189 of 193

Looks like there has been some miscommunication. I didn't mean to say that McAfee Management Service Host wasn't consuming the CPU, I meant that McAfee Management Service Host can consume CPU if a McAfee process is underway.

I will send you a message with my email address and you can send me an email directly if you encounter this issue again and I will reach you and check the issue.

Regards
Farhan

CS
Level 7
Message 190 of 193

Okay. This is still happening to me, only this time while I'm in a game! The game is unplayable, I can't stop this program from running even via the task manager.

Enough time has passed for a fix to this. Either this is fixed on the next update or I'm moving elsewhere! I left Norton after 10 years due to an issue similar to this!

NOT ACCEPTABLE!

joke2.png