cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: McAfee Management Service host - VERY HIGH CPU USAGE

Hello, I just wanted to share my personal experience with this issue. What seems to cause this issue for me is my internet browser. I use Opera as my default browser and I have lots of tabs open in it, (on average between 20-50). Typically everything operates just fine but after some time, could be a few days, weeks, or a month the McAfee Management Service starts over utilizing the CPU.

If I close my browser when this happens, CPU utilization by this process drops back to normal and the performance of my system is recovered. No reboot required in this case. I can reopen my browser and everything works like normal again. I would probably investigate if this same experience is true for others as well.

bl1259
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 192 of 193

yes, my experience too has been that this ties in to Opera. I keep the task manager always running, and look occasionally for the solid blue square to show something is in runaway. If I see the solid blue circle I restart Opera, and McAfee returns to normal. I think it is related to some sites that continuously stream video, but not sure - my next step will be to see if I can tie it to a specific Opera window.
Highlighted
Moderator ymdfarhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 193 of 193

This thread is locked. See https://community.mcafee.com/t5/LiveSafe/Mcafee-Module-Core-Service-100-Disk/td-p/610934/page/3 for the latest update on this issue.