cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: McAfee Management Service host - VERY HIGH CPU USAGE

Hello, I just wanted to share my personal experience with this issue. What seems to cause this issue for me is my internet browser. I use Opera as my default browser and I have lots of tabs open in it, (on average between 20-50). Typically everything operates just fine but after some time, could be a few days, weeks, or a month the McAfee Management Service starts over utilizing the CPU.

If I close my browser when this happens, CPU utilization by this process drops back to normal and the performance of my system is recovered. No reboot required in this case. I can reopen my browser and everything works like normal again. I would probably investigate if this same experience is true for others as well.

Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 192 of 193

yes, my experience too has been that this ties in to Opera. I keep the task manager always running, and look occasionally for the solid blue square to show something is in runaway. If I see the solid blue circle I restart Opera, and McAfee returns to normal. I think it is related to some sites that continuously stream video, but not sure - my next step will be to see if I can tie it to a specific Opera window.
Highlighted
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 193 of 193

This thread is locked. See https://community.mcafee.com/t5/LiveSafe/Mcafee-Module-Core-Service-100-Disk/td-p/610934/page/3 for the latest update on this issue.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community