Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 111 of 193

Re: McAfee Management Service host - VERY HIGH CPU USAGE

I have had this issue twice in the past 3 weeks and resolved it by running the SubDBFix.exe and then rebooting the device.

It hasn't happend for about 2 weeks now so not sure if McAfee have now tweaked the bug, has anyone else noticed this?

Highlighted

And for me, still the same as well. From the use of that tool over four weeks by now, I have seen only one reoccurence of the issue, that was solve by closing out and restarted the laptop. mmsshost issue has not reoccured for over two weeks (and again only once in over four weeks).

Meanwhile I have had tow contacts with McAfee engineering/services teams in the last two weeks, reported the facts and we are monitoring the working of McAfee Total Protection since.

Anybody know how to remove the MMSSHOST.exe virus?

Moderator ymdfarhan
Message 114 of 193

Hello jfnance32

MMSSHOST.exe is a McAfee service and the high CPU usage is not being caused by a virus. We are working on this issue as of this writing.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards
Farhan
McAfee Tier 2.5 Engineer

Visje
Level 9
Message 115 of 193

You are working on this issue as of this writing? really?

I hope you're being a bit sarcastic, because the issue was reported october or november 2017.
All that time I gave been struggling with a high tech gaming computer which acted like a geniune XT.

As of this writing I don't use McAfee anymore and I can enjoy gaming again. My subscription is till August. I don't think I'll renew, specially when the "techs" job is to downplay the issue and not solve a thing

Moderator ymdfarhan
Message 116 of 193

Hi all

This is Farhan from McAfee Tier 2.5 Team. McAfee is aware of this issue and we are actively working on resolving this issue. We will keep this thread posted on any update that we have on this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards
Farhan
McAfee Tier 2.5 Engineer

asomaro
Level 7
Message 117 of 193

This is a significant problem, my PC is also maxing out on CPU usage and McAfee Management Service Host is the cause. 

This problem has been reported by a lot of people and we are still waiting for resolution. Some like me are not that tech savvy but I managed to find this forum only to see that no real resolution has been forthcoming. 

Please resolve urgently as this is severly reducing my ability to work with my PC. Happy to supply logs.

Hi Farhan,

The issue was reported since before xmas, and I have to re-itterate how disappointing it is that myself, and many others, are unable to do any work on their PC becuase of the issue caused by your software...... Any quick resolution to switch off this app to continue doing some works here, then turn it back on, once you managed to resolve it? otherwiase who is responsible for the loss of my time and my disappointed clients as your app has stopped me using our PCs???

Has there been any resolution on this problem yet..... nearly thru my laptop out, because of the speed issue caused by McAfee!???
Jspeer
Level 7
Message 120 of 193

Hi,

i have the same issue on my laptop. McAfee MSH running at around 80% and accessing apps like wading through quicksand.

Interested to hear proposed solutions.

thanks

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community