Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 101 of 193

Re: McAfee Management Service host - VERY HIGH CPU USAGE

Hi, I am late to the game and suffering from the high cpu usage. Does anyone know why mcafee manage,ment service is running over 95 percent? I have 12 ram on my hp and everytrhing running slow.

Highlighted

I just started having this problem last night. This morning when I checked why my CPU fan kept running and saw McAfee maxing-out the CPU, I checked and found this forum. Here's what I did that seems to have resolved it:

1. turned-off McAfee realtime scanning
  2. turned-off McAfee firewall
  3. checked for McAfee updates (even though it had said I was up-to-date, it did download and install an update.
  4. Shutdown the PC
  5. Started the PC

Since CPU usage went back to normal, I turned realtime scanning & firewall back on.  All is well.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 103 of 193

Whats the fix for this please?

ive read lots of people complaining and no fix...

I have one PC that works fine and the other has this 99% CPU usage caused by McAfee Management Service host 

Doesnt seem to be any solutions... not very good customer service...

Highlighted

In my previous mail I mentioned that I will publish the status of the Laptop after having used the tool provided by McAfee. Today, about a week, the issue has NOT poped-up again!

I monitor constantly the mmsshost.exe usage and it has not rised up to the sky like before. Is this a true working solution? I do not know but so far it continues to work. Will post a new status after a few days unless the issue reoccurs sooner.

Highlighted
Message 105 of 193

Please check and let me know the McAfee Version and the Release Name on both the machines (one with the issue and one without the issue)

Below is how you can check the detals.

Open McAfee -> Go to Account ->  Open About

Regards
Farhan

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 106 of 193

I had removed it from the other PC as the software kills the PC and its unusable.

I just reinstalled to check the version and its unusable when the software is running with +98% CPU usage for McAfee Management Service host

Both are Version 16.0

Release name 16.0 R8

The software is provided with Sky Broadband so is installed through a link to a download from their site.

both are using windows 10 OS fully updated

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 107 of 193

besoindaide

That link doesn’t work for me as I got my version through sky from the sky website that gives me a 1 time serial number... thanks anyway

Highlighted

Hello 'tezhall', just for my personal information: are you saying that you downloaded the " SubDBFix.exe" tool and got some specific messages (or was that another link that you used, providing the following tools  like "MVT.exe" or "MCPR.exe" which by the way did not work for me)?

Did you actually download it, ran it and then on or during execution got a message? or just did he not run at all?

Sorry if this a bit complex but I just try to understand all options in case the issue would re-appear on my Laptop,

Thanks

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 109 of 193

I am getting the same issue where the McAfee Module Core Service is taking upwards of 2400 MB of Memory and CPU fluctuating up to 40%. I cannot use my computer as it is taking all resources. My choice is for you to tell me how to fix in the next few hours or I remove remove and request a refund as I have just purchased this in last month after moving from Norton.

Highlighted

I had the same problem this morning after installing a raft of Win 10 and Office updates last night. For perhaps 20 minutes McAfee Management Service Host was stealing 97-100% of CPU and fan was racing trying to cool everything down. I tried putting computer (Dell Vostro laptop w/ i5 running 8GB) in sleep mode, but problem persisted. Rather than wait the 10 min to try power-down solution, I instead went to Task Manager and right-clicked  "End Task" on the offending task. After about 5 "End Task" requests,  CPU and disk usage dropped off, and the CPU fan calmed down. 

What's interesting is thatMcAfee Total Protection kept running with all features -- I was able to selectively scan files and "Secure" and "Web Advisor", Firewall, RealTime Scanning, etc all kept running. Now, 20 minutes later, with several apps running everything's still behaving -- including McAfee Management Service Host, which apparently never stopped running, or came back to life spontaneously!

Seems there's a bug somewhere in McAfee software that prevents MMSSHOST.exe from relaxing once it's done whatever job it needs to do on start-up. 

We'll see what happens when I shut down the computer -- but that could be quite a while, as my old Vostro is surprisingky happy with Win 10 Pro...

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community