The issue is we mods would supply logs if we could get the issue to occur that would have sped up the fixing but as no tech has been able to repro the issue and they have tried and I have checked 10 PCs the family runs and no issue is found. So possibily something installed on the Pcs where this occurs is maybe causing it. Support needs help they cannot fix something they cannot see.
Guys, Good morning. Just a suggestion: I used to work (retired by now) for a major US Technical company and guess what, when such an issue occured on a company's PC user, the technical department took a "remote control/access" of the PC in problem. Then, they could see the problem themselves, look at some technical logs in order to identify and solve the issue remotely. The question here is can McAfee use the same technical process?
I have same problem as you, maybe it is not so bad but still MMSh is taking me from 25 to 90 % usually it is about 40 % but sometimes PC is absolutely not useable. I tried some ways to fix it but nothing help. I also try that memory dump but I don t know why it is not possible on my PC.
I hope that you will reach this problem soon because tomorrow I have LAN Party so it is sooo serious
So I've been struggling with this a while, and tonight it got bad and rebooting did't help.However, I began stopping the services in the SVC Host, and I cleared the problem by resetting the Home Network service.
The service would not stop, but resetting it worked just fine, and the problem instantly resolved.
I went to the Services window and the first thing I tried was to stop the service. The status changed to "stopping" and stayed that way for about 5 minutes, so I right-clicked on the service and selected Refresh from the menu.
The Home Network Service status returned to "running", the CPU usage for McAfee Service Host dropped to 1% and less, and the system began working.
I then rebooted to see if the fix would hold. It was a *long* reboot--at least 6 to 10 minutes, but the fix held. The system took a bit longer than usual to run through all the opening activities--disk usage was pegged at 100% for at least 5 or 6 minutes after the reboot--but CPU usage never topped 50% or so, and after all the utilities and services caught up from being shut out, the system now seems to be pretty stable. CPU usage (with just the browser open) is between 19-35%, and disk usage is at about 3 to 8%--pretty typical for this Lenovo laptop (running Windows 10) at this level of activity.
So it seems pretty stable for now. Of course we all know what stables are full of.....
I hope people find this useful