cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: McAfee Management Service host - VERY HIGH CPU USAGE

Hi Peacemaker. Believe me, it will be happening to a lot more than 12 users. It is just that only 12 have managed to use their machines to access this forum! Your post is not entirely useful, as there is no 'before' event that caused my issue, other than turning on my laptop. Several times, I might add. However, in the spirit of helpfulness, it might be relevant to mention that the previous day, Monday 18th Dec, my PC underwent what appears to have been a massive Windows update, which meant watching it for 4 hours as it slowly updated and restarted several times. That is the only 'event' I can think of that might have led to McAfee falling over. Hence, I have had two days of utter frustration, and sadly have now needed to uninstall McAfee completely. Hope this is of some use to anyone out there who is struggling to keep going with McAfee.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 193

Ok point taken we mods reported this as soon as the first poster mentioned it in the main thread on the issue and so far no tech has reproduced it nor have any mod done so. I have 9 PCs in the family on McAfee and all stable so  some common factor is causing this. that is why Selvan the forum Tech is getting logs from 3 users. This a long winded process as the logs can be large and one has to arrange transfer to McAfee.

Highlighted

i have the same issue, i just bought mcafee and my pc is slow as hell

Reliable Contributor
Message 24 of 193

Follow this thread that is where the forum tech and I will post updates. They still after users willing to assist in getting and sending logs of the issue. they need at least 3 users.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/473939?et=watches.email.thread#473939

Hi,

I am also facing the same situation - High CPU usage (over 80%) which is slowing down the PC to a crawl - even mouse cursor freezes intermittently.  This problem surfaced recently when I rolled back from a windows insider update. I don't have any other any other AV active. Please fix ASAP

Reliable Contributor
Message 26 of 193

Read post above yours that is best thread to watch. With xmas things slow down but will bump the tech.

issue appears to now be 15 users or so

smh6
Level 7
Message 27 of 193

You are niot being helpful at all. This needs to be on the main support page of McAfee.  People typically do not go to a community forum unless they are relatively tech savvy as there is so much stuff to get through to find the answer you want. Majority of people would probably not even know how to check why there computer is running slow.

In my case, I have 3 computers in my house with Live Safe on it, and the one I have attached to my television so we can watch Netflix on the Television. It was also the first oneI installed Live Safe on 3 weeks ago while I transitioned from Norton to McAfee. At least with Norton it was set and forget and performance was excellent. 

In my case memory is running at 2574 MB for the McAfee Module Core Service and everything else  has STOPPED. Please PUBLISH details on how to produce logs and send to you. 

Hello Peacekeeper. When you talk/mention over 'PCs', do you really refer to PC stations or do you include laptops. Point here is that so far it looks like the issue only links to laptop. It is the case for me as well. Issue only on an Acer laptop while the home PC just works 100% like before the same creator update.

Reliable Contributor
Message 29 of 193

That is a good question I will ask it.

For this issue is anyone getting it on a desktop not a Laptop?

whitzend
Level 8
Message 30 of 193

I'll add my name to the list of users experiencing this issue. I'm running a desktop PC - 4th gen i5 CPU, 8Gb Ram, SSD - and MMSH is routinely using >50% CPU and >10% memory. Started in the last 3-4 days

Making the computer almost unusable.

Happy to provide logs or diagnostics if it would help

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community