Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hamu66
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 51 of 193

Re: McAfee Management Service host - VERY HIGH CPU USAGE

Same issue with me. Can not use my laptop anymore. It seems to burn but - running ventilators all the time and does not react anymore or very very slow...

sirex0
Level 7
Message 52 of 193

I have the same , restart did not help.

I have the same issue.  Like the other person mentioned, I just did a huge Windows update.  McAfee is eating up my CPU so much I could barely create an id for this forum.  I look forward to a fix!

galpini
Level 7
Message 54 of 193

I got similat sitution this morning.

McAfee is chewing all my CPU

eivindfs
Level 7
Message 55 of 193

Same problem here.

Not as high as for some users (CPU usage for McAfee leaps to 30-40% now and then). This started happening quite recently, and leads to intermittent audio stutters and jerky behavior on my laptop.

I assumed it was McAfee, as it has been misbehaving in the past.

Please fix ASAP.

Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Message 56 of 193

Hello everyone

We haven't been successful collecting required logs for this problem. Am sure everyone admits that log collection in a state where PC is unusable is not possible. So to tackle this we are going to gather Memory dumps from the affected machine(s).

A complete Memory dump is what we are targeting; this means that all the events prior to the issue will be dumped to a single file.

For Techies

1. Enable Complete Memory dump by following steps below

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
  2. Click the Advanced tab.
  3. Click Settings under the Startup and Recovery area, and then select Complete memory dump under Writing debugging information.
  4. Click OK two times.

Note 1: By default, Complete memory dump is disabled. You can enable the option if the computer has more than 2 GB of physical RAM.

Note 2: If you want to enable the Complete memory dump option, manually set the CrashDumpEnabled registry entry under the following registry subkey to 1:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl

2. Wait for the problem to occur (at least 10 minutes) and note down the time.

3. Post back here so that a Level 2.5 Engineer will reach out to you for collecting the logs and transferring it back to McAfee

In my laptop, as reported earlier, CPU usage hovers around 90% thus slowing down everything. I have enabled complete memory dump and your engineer can collect the log any time. Trust you will find a quick remedy as I am at the end of my patience

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 58 of 193

Thanks

to note and arrange dump pickup

Adding my name to the list: I have the same CPU issue. Rebooting does not help. This is brutal.

Neil

eivindfs
Level 7
Message 60 of 193

The problem is getting worse. Harder and harder to work on my computer.

I feel reluctant to volunteer my time to work for you to fix this - you're a billion dollar corporation and I honestly expect you to use that money to make a product that works.

I have already paid for this, and I'm not exactly a McAfee groupie. I'm just someone who expects the product I paid for to work.

Simple. Fix it, or I'm leaving for a better solution.