cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Management Service Host - High CPU use

Been having this issue for a few days now. Before telling me that this has been asked a dozen times already and pointing me to dead threads from last year, yes I looked at those threads. No official solution was given out. While my CPU usage is not spiking as high as what others have mentioned in the past (MMSHost itself taking +60%), mine is a combo of MMSHost, System, and (I kid you not) "LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall (2)" all spiking CPU and cause a total +60% usage, which usually is somewhere between 80 and +100% load.MMSHost High CPU.png

Attached pic is for reference. I can easily reproduce this by simply opening anything that requires even semi-heavy processing. anything from youtube to video games. No problems with shut downs or boot up times like the previous mentions.

PC Spec:

PC Spec.png

McAfee Version: 

LivaSafe 16.0 R18

Simply put. Is there an official solution to this problem from almost 2 years ago? If so, what is it? If not, please direct me to the nearest guide on how to uninstall this so my processor doesn't burn out from this crap. Thank you.

1 Reply
Highlighted
inmud
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Management Service Host - High CPU use

I have exactly the same issue. Decided to uninstall Live Safe as it makes it makes using other aplications difficult and causes huge energy consumption (in part due to the increased cooling required for the CPU)

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community