McAfee help desk support has several problems:
1. They will create a new thread just to stop the bantering and complaining. If they keep the pool small it appears as if all the questions are being addressed.
2. The same tech may be involved in other blogs and this multitasking causes issues and delays in solving problems. The prioritization slips through the cracks when they do this.
3. The help desk will ask to take you into a private room and apparently sometimes solve your problem. I recommend you refuse the private room ploy because the other users have not a clue what the fix may be. You realize that the help desk is run by an overseas company (Philippines, India, etc..).
4. Help desk typically have technicians for one - two weeks before they cherry pick another job and boom you end up with someone else. Why I know, I ran a help desk call center in Bangalore for a few months and not once did I ever talk to the same tech or manager.
5. The help desk is paid by the call and the time they spend on the call. Another reason they take you into a private room to up their scores. Scores go up so does their worth and boom cherry picked for another job.
6. Because of language barriers the solutions is re-visited several times on other tech blogs run by McAfee. Sometimes the message conveyed but poorly misunderstood.
7. The worst part you have to chase down the solution due to the number of non-consecutive blogs open on the subject.
8. Last one - this is typically how it works. At the help desk they have 2 sometimes 3 computer systems running. They can't run all the apps they need on one computer due it slows down the system with that many people on the same node. So to fix this they just assign different task to other systems routing to another server and node. ------ I.E. one system they log our information into and run to see how many issues we the users may have, it tracks the user so they can answer appropriate - this also helps if you are a chronic user - this is when they typically when they use the private room; the next system is to record the issue and to search their own databases to find if a solution or problem similar has been discussed; The last one is an escalation system to the programmers which is where they try to communicate the issue as we see it with all the pertaining data.
Regret the delay in getting back on this. The issue was confirmed to be resolved in version 16.0 R12. The latest version available currently is 16.0 R15 and this issue shouldn't be happening anymore.
Please let us know the version of McAfee in which you are still facing this isue and confirm if it is mmsshost.exe which is consuming high CPU usage.
My mcafee is fully updated to last version. I talked to mcafee support 2 times both times they told me to reinstall mcafee completely.. i did that twice... still have the same issue. So its not fixed. I'm giving you a couple of days for you guys to fix me this s*** before i change my antivirus.