Nitram
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 35

Re: McAfee Management Service Host High CPU Usage

Wrong!

That's a bald lie! 

I have switched to Norton and a year later installed back this McAffee trash with exactly the same problem with freezes.

It's infuriating how incapable their programmers are.

After many years subscribed, I let it expire due to this reason. Now I use Windows Defender and I'm NEVER coming back.

Blogbe
Level 7
Message 14 of 35

Indeed. Despite having paid for a long-term subscription I have now moved completely to Sophos on two of five computers. No problem at all with Sophos. Will move the others as soon as the same trouble starts

Ran McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT.exe) which uninstalled Malwarebytes and CPU usage by McAfee Management Service Host (MMSSHOST.exe) decreased from 60 percent to 25 percent.  Uninstalled free McAfee Security Scan Plus manually since my commercial McAfee product should do everything MSSP does.  Rebooted. MMSSHOST.exe CPU usage now at 0 percent.

Agree with this post somewhat.

I had about 80 - 90% usage with the Mcafee management service host in my processes.

This was very heightened whilst using youtube for some reason.

I went to the website and ran the tech advisor, it scanned and found no error (surprise).

This resulted in the service host process nto exceeding about 35% of my CPU. 

Noteably, if you watch the process behaviour it ramps up periodically from 0.1% to now 35% (which was 90%) of my CPU.

Run the tech advisor on the interim, but there is somethign wrong with the program currently... Too demanding.

Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 35

Everyone,

Our Engineers have identified the cause of this problem and a patch is expected to be released soon. I will post back here as and when I get the (tentative) release date.

Any update to this?

lc325
Level 7
Message 20 of 35

Thanks!  I'm having this problem, too.  

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community