cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: McAfee Management Service Host High CPU Usage

Same problem. Am using the BT Virus Protect ie McAfee. Have reported on BT customer log as well. Please fix asap. Two weeks have now passed since this was promised to be fixed. Where is the patch? Advice I have received from others with same problem is get rid of McAfee and go to another product. This is killing you!

I signed up to this forum just to monitor this thread. I've been plagued with CPU problems for months because of McAfee. I've had support remotely log on and fix it, which worked for a while but later reverted to 90% + CPU usage and heavy RAM usage. I've uninstalled McAfee for now and have had to revert to Defender until I get a fix. It makes my powerful PC unusable. There should be compensation, or subscription extension for this problem which has caused so many people time, trouble and inconvenience. I have been a software developer - it's amazing that they say the problem is known and yet a fix is taking so long.

I have the same problem.

Windows 10 desktop PC bought this year.

I observed that something related with Opera browser triggers this Service Host thing, causing it run with 100% per cent CPU consumption. When I close Opera, everything returns to normal. I think it is something related with watching online videos, I don't know. 

FYI.

I have exactly thje same problem. My pc is lagging everytime the MMSSHOST (Mcaffee Management Service Host ) gets higher cpu usage.
I'm using a i5 6600 and it is hilarious that a apllication like that is literally freezing my pc for a half second and making weird stocking sounds

Highlighted

Ridiculous they can't fix this.  They're supposedly the experts sure;y?

I like to use my PC to stream music and this issue totally wrecks playback.