Same problem. Am using the BT Virus Protect ie McAfee. Have reported on BT customer log as well. Please fix asap. Two weeks have now passed since this was promised to be fixed. Where is the patch? Advice I have received from others with same problem is get rid of McAfee and go to another product. This is killing you!
I signed up to this forum just to monitor this thread. I've been plagued with CPU problems for months because of McAfee. I've had support remotely log on and fix it, which worked for a while but later reverted to 90% + CPU usage and heavy RAM usage. I've uninstalled McAfee for now and have had to revert to Defender until I get a fix. It makes my powerful PC unusable. There should be compensation, or subscription extension for this problem which has caused so many people time, trouble and inconvenience. I have been a software developer - it's amazing that they say the problem is known and yet a fix is taking so long.
I have the same problem.
Windows 10 desktop PC bought this year.
I observed that something related with Opera browser triggers this Service Host thing, causing it run with 100% per cent CPU consumption. When I close Opera, everything returns to normal. I think it is something related with watching online videos, I don't know.
I have exactly thje same problem. My pc is lagging everytime the MMSSHOST (Mcaffee Management Service Host ) gets higher cpu usage.
I'm using a i5 6600 and it is hilarious that a apllication like that is literally freezing my pc for a half second and making weird stocking sounds
Ridiculous they can't fix this. They're supposedly the experts sure;y?
I like to use my PC to stream music and this issue totally wrecks playback.
Nothing on this till now? I'm still having this same issue, and it's causing me to be very unproductive.... CPU usage at times keeps at 100%, and the McAfee Management Service Host consuming 60%,70% and once I saw it at 80% CPU....
I chased this issue for months. Had to uninstall and make do with free anti virus services but I didn't like the nagging. Eventually decided to go for Bitdefender - £20- something for a years subscription and it meets my needs.
Explained all my problems to McAfee, raised a support issue and asked for my money back. The software is completely unusable. Several weeks and no reply at all. So I'm sorry but they suck.
Was the promise of someone on this thread genuine? do the really represent McAfee? I've given up on them but remain stunned at how they deal with this problem. If anyone happen sto be browsing and reads this - I'd chooses another product.
McAfee help desk support has several problems:
1. They will create a new thread just to stop the bantering and complaining. If they keep the pool small it appears as if all the questions are being addressed.
2. The same tech may be involved in other blogs and this multitasking causes issues and delays in solving problems. The prioritization slips through the cracks when they do this.
3. The help desk will ask to take you into a private room and apparently sometimes solve your problem. I recommend you refuse the private room ploy because the other users have not a clue what the fix may be. You realize that the help desk is run by an overseas company (Philippines, India, etc..).
4. Help desk typically have technicians for one - two weeks before they cherry pick another job and boom you end up with someone else. Why I know, I ran a help desk call center in Bangalore for a few months and not once did I ever talk to the same tech or manager.
5. The help desk is paid by the call and the time they spend on the call. Another reason they take you into a private room to up their scores. Scores go up so does their worth and boom cherry picked for another job.
6. Because of language barriers the solutions is re-visited several times on other tech blogs run by McAfee. Sometimes the message conveyed but poorly misunderstood.
7. The worst part you have to chase down the solution due to the number of non-consecutive blogs open on the subject.
8. Last one - this is typically how it works. At the help desk they have 2 sometimes 3 computer systems running. They can't run all the apps they need on one computer due it slows down the system with that many people on the same node. So to fix this they just assign different task to other systems routing to another server and node. ------ I.E. one system they log our information into and run to see how many issues we the users may have, it tracks the user so they can answer appropriate - this also helps if you are a chronic user - this is when they typically when they use the private room; the next system is to record the issue and to search their own databases to find if a solution or problem similar has been discussed; The last one is an escalation system to the programmers which is where they try to communicate the issue as we see it with all the pertaining data.