cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: McAfee Management Service Host High CPU Usage

I am also having this problem. My software is fully up-to-date but sometimes the McAfee Management Service Host ramps up to 99% CPU usage, meaning everything freezes.

It only happens occasionally, I used to just end the process in task manager but that doesn't seem to fix it any more.

I can't find any way to end the process in task manager. End Process command achieves nothing.

Highlighted

Update please.

Same problem. Am using the BT Virus Protect ie McAfee. Have reported on BT customer log as well. Please fix asap. Two weeks have now passed since this was promised to be fixed. Where is the patch? Advice I have received from others with same problem is get rid of McAfee and go to another product. This is killing you!

I signed up to this forum just to monitor this thread. I've been plagued with CPU problems for months because of McAfee. I've had support remotely log on and fix it, which worked for a while but later reverted to 90% + CPU usage and heavy RAM usage. I've uninstalled McAfee for now and have had to revert to Defender until I get a fix. It makes my powerful PC unusable. There should be compensation, or subscription extension for this problem which has caused so many people time, trouble and inconvenience. I have been a software developer - it's amazing that they say the problem is known and yet a fix is taking so long.

I have the same problem.

Windows 10 desktop PC bought this year.

I observed that something related with Opera browser triggers this Service Host thing, causing it run with 100% per cent CPU consumption. When I close Opera, everything returns to normal. I think it is something related with watching online videos, I don't know. 

FYI.

I have exactly thje same problem. My pc is lagging everytime the MMSSHOST (Mcaffee Management Service Host ) gets higher cpu usage.
I'm using a i5 6600 and it is hilarious that a apllication like that is literally freezing my pc for a half second and making weird stocking sounds

Ridiculous they can't fix this.  They're supposedly the experts sure;y?

I like to use my PC to stream music and this issue totally wrecks playback.

Nothing on this till now? I'm still having this same issue, and it's causing me to be very unproductive.... CPU usage at times keeps at 100%, and the McAfee Management Service Host consuming 60%,70% and once I saw it at 80% CPU....

I chased this issue for months. Had to uninstall and make do with free anti virus services but I didn't like the nagging. Eventually decided to go for Bitdefender - £20- something for a years subscription and it meets my needs.

Explained all my problems to McAfee, raised a support issue and asked for my money back. The software is completely unusable. Several weeks and no reply at all. So I'm sorry but they suck.

Was the promise of someone on this thread genuine? do the really represent McAfee? I've given up on them but remain stunned at how they deal with this problem. If anyone happen sto be browsing and reads this - I'd chooses another product.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community