cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Livesafe blocking League Of Legends ?

Hello there. 

So I've been using McAfee Livesafe fore more than an year now and it's been a great time but now I am having some issues with it. First I bought it for 1 year then I had to renew it. I went to my local store named "MediaMarkt" and bought a code. It didn't let me to renew the antivirus with the code so I went on the site placed the code and they made me to reinstall the antivirus. And I did that.

After all of that, I've tried to play a game with my friends (League of legends) and I wasn't able to. I was getting this error named "Unable to connect to server" . I thought it might be my PC so I restarted it. Same did with my rooter. Nothing changed I was still getting the same error.  First thing that I did was to contact riot support. After 2 weeks of talking with them and trying to (Uninstall the game, Public DNS, reinstalling the game with administrator, uninstall antivirus, turn off firewall, check for permision and so on) none of those worked.They asked me to install Hextech Repair Tool aswell but that thing was stuck in the "Starting" phase and I don't know the reason. They told me that I should talk with my ISP and I did so. They told me everything is alright with the servers and connection.

Now after thinking some time it all started when I placed the code on site and that they told me to reinstall it even if I had the antivirus in the computer. I've ran some tests and troubleshooting and the PC comes to the same conclusion that the antivirus blocks the connection between the game and me somehow and I don't know how to fix it. 

I thought that I could get some help from you guys and I would really appreciate it because I am desperate. I don't have another choise to do and I bought the antivirus twice so I am an customer in need of help. 

1 Reply
Moderator sanjay
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Livesafe blocking League Of Legends ?

Hello DjToasTy,

You mentioned  contacting riot support and as one of the troubleshooting step they uninstalled antivirus from your PC. "First thing that I did was to contact riot support. After 2 weeks of talking with them and trying to (Uninstall the game, Public DNS, reinstalling the game with administrator, uninstall antivirus, turn off firewall, check for permision and so on)"

If the issue persisted even after removing McAfee from the PC, the root cause of the issue seems to be different.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.