cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee LiveSafe not opening

I just have bought a new laptop. It's a Lenovo one, with pre-installed McAfee LiveSafe. When I try to double-click open the icon on the taskbar, it shows "We're getting your app up and running". It's happening for a week. What can I do to open up the software for my first time on itMcAfee query.PNG

5 Replies
Magesh
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee LiveSafe not opening

Hi @duckduckjumjum 

Ensure all the mcAfee services in running in services.msc,  if not restart all the McAfee services, restart the PC  and check the status.

Regards

Magesh J

Where can I find "services.msc" file? I have 3 folders in C: [1.McAfee, 2.McAfee.com , 3.McAfee Dashboard]. Please provide me the path.Mcafee.PNGmca dash.PNGefe.PNG

Magesh
Message 4 of 6

Hi @duckduckjumjum 

you can press the windows key and the letter R Key together on the desktop, the run windows will open. From the Run window you can type services.msc and you will be able to see all the programs running on the OS. 

From there you can select all McAfee process and check whether all process are running. 

Please let us know if need any clarifications.

Regards

Magesh J

Re: McAfee LiveSafe not opening :

Capture.PNGI did started all processes but no window popped up. There,s nothing on taskbar, as you can see. How do I open the dashboard?

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Re: McAfee LiveSafe not opening :

hello,

on the taskbar there is this ^ icon next to the onedrive icon.

when clicking on this ^ icon there are several icons like windows security icon but there should also be a mcafee icon.

have you checked this already also perhaps ?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community