cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee LiveSafe - Annoying Pop-Ups

Jump to solution

Hello McAfee comunity,

I have a misleading pop-ups with McAfee LiveSafe latest vertion. 

Annotation 2020-08-09 115456.png

It says you're losing the SECURITY, VIRUS PROTECTION. All my customers are freaking out.  

This is so annoying, almost malicious! The only place you can see something similar is with the Indian fake technical support ads. 

McAfee, this is Black Mailing, please stop!

Kind regards,

Mike

IT Manager

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: McAfee LiveSafe - Annoying Pop-Ups

Jump to solution

Anyone? How to kill this?

Screenshot 2020-10-13 092201.png

I so much dislike (hate) it so I decided to go with a different antivirus from next year...

Tech Support conversation:

8:13 PM  "Tech Name": 
"Will it be fine if I connect to your computer via remote access and work on fixing this for you? You can sit back and relax while I resolve the issue for you from my end."
8:14 PM  "Tech Name": 
"I will be using a tool called ' LogMeIn ' to access your PC remotely. With this LogMeIn tool, I am going to work on your computer for troubleshooting purpose only......"

Does this look familiar? Indian Tech scam? 

McAfee, what is going on?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee - Customer Complaint

Jump to solution

Hi @MikeSmir 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly let us know the version of McAfee installed on the machine. It is an automated prompt triggered within the UI. We do not have any settings as of now to disable the prompt. 

Regards

Magesh J

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Getting this thing again... Even though we still have 360 days of subscription left. At least this one is not so scary as the previous one. 

Annotation 2020-08-26 102824.png

Highlighted

Jump to solution

What is it?

How to desable annouing pop-ups in McAfee ?????????????

Annotation 2020-09-02 005839.png

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Click on your name top right and choose subscriptions and notifications are there anything in the notification settings list that you can select and stop this I use default settings but 1 might help. Another area is the informational alerts area in the General settings and alerts area in the gear icon. I have not anything relevant there  but worth a look.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Anyone? How to kill this?

Screenshot 2020-10-13 092201.png

I so much dislike (hate) it so I decided to go with a different antivirus from next year...

Tech Support conversation:

8:13 PM  "Tech Name": 
"Will it be fine if I connect to your computer via remote access and work on fixing this for you? You can sit back and relax while I resolve the issue for you from my end."
8:14 PM  "Tech Name": 
"I will be using a tool called ' LogMeIn ' to access your PC remotely. With this LogMeIn tool, I am going to work on your computer for troubleshooting purpose only......"

Does this look familiar? Indian Tech scam? 

McAfee, what is going on?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Really for these marketing popups there is nothing you can do. The security 1 is annoying and shows Mcafee worried you have deactivated the setting. really needs an option to say yes I know that and accept the choice I have made..

Will not happen I am afraid

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community