McAfee Employee HS3
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

McAfee Live Safe - Internet Security | Uninstallation Support

Jump to solution

Dear Colleagues,

Good day to you.

Not sure, I’m posting this query in the correct DL.

One of our large customer recently procured Laptop from HP [Bing OS] which has McAfee Live Safe - Internet Security installed with 1 year subscription.  They are able to uninstall the application manually by login into each host individually.

Do we have any option to pass the command to do an uninstallation using scripts for multiple machines?

Thanks,

Hari

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator sanjay
Message 5 of 6

Re: McAfee Live Safe - Internet Security | Uninstallation Support

Jump to solution

Hi Bob,

If you aren’t able to uninstall McAfee Live Safe from the Programs and Features list, please try the steps suggested by @exbrit i.e: TS101331

If you still aren't able to uninstall please let us know what happens when you try the steps suggested in the article above.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
5 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Live Safe is a Consumer product and you are looking for a way to mass-uninstall software in the same way as is possible in ePO or similar Enterprise environments.  I'm afraid it's not possible, as far as I know.

But you could consult with Consumer Technical Support which is free by phone or online chat:  Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

I should add that the only method for uninstalling consumer software that I'm aware of is outlined in this FAQ:  How to uninstall or re-install supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool

BobCor
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

I have not installed McAfee Safe but it has appeared on my computer and I have tried everything that WIN 10 suggests for removing it but nothing works.  It is highly unethetical for MCafee to use such deceptive and unethical underhanded business practices and then block any and all uninstallation attempts.  FCC shall be notified of this practice.  Has anyone one out there been able to remove this program??

Thank you for your help.  I appreciate any support I can get.

Bob

Moderator sanjay
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Bob,

If you aren’t able to uninstall McAfee Live Safe from the Programs and Features list, please try the steps suggested by @exbrit i.e: TS101331

If you still aren't able to uninstall please let us know what happens when you try the steps suggested in the article above.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Moderator sanjay
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Locking this thread as it's dated. If anyone has this issue, please refer the steps suggested above. Create a new thread if the issue persists.

Cheers

Sanjay S

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community