cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Lifesafe randomly cause system to crash without memory dumps for WSL apps (apt-get)

When I use something like apt-get update / apt-get upgrade on WSL (Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04) with some probability  (~5%) system would be crashed and rebooted in the middle of process. No traces are left in Event log and Memory dump is not generated to debug issue.  Doesn't happen when LifeSafe is disabled or not installed. Suspect some issue with real-time scanning or firewall on Linux executables.

Current version Lifesafe 16.0 R3, VirusScan 21.3.139, Firewall 18.3.130 (please, enable copy/paste from 'About' dialogue as well).

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Moderator sanjay
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Lifesafe randomly cause system to crash without memory dumps for WSL apps (apt-get)

I do agree that having the copy/paste from 'About'  is very convenient. I have made a note of this feedback and will send it over to the right team.

You can also post the suggestion to add the folder exclusion feature in our ideas page, which has more visibility.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.