cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eunice
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Macafee took money from me and I don't have their product on my computer.

I am beyond fed up. Macafee took £89.99 from me for an automatic sub. But I don't have their products on my computer. In fact, I didn't even realise I'd had it in the first place. I use Avast. When I used their gizmo to find out which Mafacee product I have, I had a message "We were unable to detect a supported consumer product on your computer at this time. This could be caused by either an installation/upgrade issue occurring or by support for your product ending."

I can't contact their non support, no service. I can't phone them as my computer is in the annext to our house, so there is no phone. I don;t want to phone, I want to email them. But they don't have an email address. It's beyond ridiculous that they don't have a way to contact them apart from phoning. I am sick of them. They have all but stolen almost £90 from me and I want it back. But can't get at them to tell them. I hope that someone official from Macafee sees these messages.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Macafee took money from me and I don't have their product on my computer.

---

--Hi,

You don't have to be in the same room - any phone, anywhere will do and phone is the only way they will action a refund.   You just need some personal details to give them to make sure it is you.

They may allow it using online chat if available, but that's a slower way.

You want Customer Service.  They will willingly grant a refund up to 60 days after the date of the charge.

You must uninstall all paid McAfee products if applicable.

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---

eunice
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Unfortunately there is no coverage for the landline where the computer is, and mobiles are patchy at best. I still don't understand why they can't allow email. It's just utterly ridiculous.

Thanks though.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Because email is an insecure method of communication, also rather slow.

Reliable Contributor daniel_b
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Contact McAfee Support via chat (http://service.mcafee.com)

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community