cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vipercar
Level 7

Livesafe opens really slowly can take ages to get to Navigation Screen

Hi. I recently posted on here about Lifesave not opening a member told me to update the pc and reinstalled that problem. However it's seems it's not going out with a bang Lifesave takes ages to load and some times sticks on the Navigation screen before you can even start doing scans or updates. I'm not sure if people have had the same issues but I can't see what the issue is. The laptop is a 2015 Dell Inspiron 17 5000 series. My Machine in particular is a 5758 model in the series with a i7 2.40ghz processor duo, 1TB Hard Disk, 4GB of ram, x64bit Machine OS: Windows 8.1. My machine is looked after barely has a few programs hard disk is still really empty. I'm really losing hope in this program I thought it had potenual but it seems to be a massive problem child sorry to be brutal I done countless reinstalls to get the thing working properly and now considering going back to Symantec Endpoint. Hope some can help me change my mind and fix the issue also sorry if there any spelling mistakes but typed this on an iPhone

0 Kudos
4 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Livesafe opens really slowly can take ages to get to Navigation Screen

Sorry you are having these issues. Have you tried running the latest McAfee Virtual Technician?

http://mvt.mcafee.com/   See if it finds any issues. In addition, I noticed you mentioned you were considering going back to 'Symantec Endpoint'? First of all that is a Buisness/Enterprise Product.

Also if I may ask, did you have any other Security Application installed, before installing McAfee? If so, not only do you need to remove it from your 'Control Panel' However need to use the Particular Product removal tool to make certain there are no remnants of it.

You can also contact Technical Support 24/7, via Phone/Online Chat being quicker.

Services and Support for Home and Office

Hope this helps,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
vipercar
Level 7

Hi there again I have run the tool before and it made no difference to the software. The computer has got no viruses on it because I did a full scan last night and it came back fine. The only security software I have on it is Malewarebytes free which I can't see being an issue as it does not Real Time scan being free software. Looks like I'm gunna have to contact support and hopefully they can sort it has this issue been seen before.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

You are quite correct, as I even have Malwarebytes (Free) on my system as a 'On Demand Scanner' Good luck with Technical support, please let us know how things go. Just in case, save your (Service Request # ) for your session with Support.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

you aren't alone.  I had a similar experience with my All Access Total Protection.   It sorted itself out eventually and I believe the problem was caused by the splash screens that occasionally appear before the SecurityCenter opens, their servers were slow, or something along those lines.

The problem seemed to rectify itself over time and I never had to involve Technical Support..

You might still want to involve them though.

0 Kudos