cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

LiveSafe vs Malwarebytes - LiveSafe Firewall failing to block unwanted sites calls

Hi,

I recently installed Malwarebytes Premium Trial version and could observe that the product is successfully blocking calls to unwanted sites.

Whereas I am using McAfee LiveSafe since few years - whenever I visit some online streaming sites sometimes the popup comes up suggesting I am lucky winner, or my machine has virus and not allowing me to go out of that new tab opened.

My question is why McAfee LiveSafe Firewall is failing to block those sites on the fly where as Malawarebytes has that capability.

For examples - few URLs blocked realtime by Malwarebytes:

infomazaa.com:59120

usd.quebec-bin.com:62971

ynqicmcf.top:55143

Your response will help me to decide on upgrade my free version of Malwarebytes to registered version.

I could seethe stats that LiveSafe Firewall is not blocking any of these calls.

Regards,

Kundan

2 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: LiveSafe vs Malwarebytes - LiveSafe Firewall failing to block unwanted sites calls

Actually when you try to access it is blocked from proceeding by your McAfee Software.

In addition is also blocked by your Firewall when trying to connect.

InfoMazza.com - Information Bhi | Mazza Bhi

Case in point, This site is considered to be a Locky Ransomeware site.

Locky Distribution Site: infomazza.co

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Highlighted

Re: LiveSafe vs Malwarebytes - LiveSafe Firewall failing to block unwanted sites calls

Maybe the OP hadn't yet activated WebAdvisor in their browser(s) ?   It requires a reboot usually to become active.    A comparison between the two anti-malware systems is difficult really as they both behave differently and anyway a comparison really belongs in an independent forum I would have thought.

Another discussion on the matter is here: 

Here's a PCMag comparison from last year: Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium vs McAfee AntiVirus Plus (2016) Feature Comparison Chart - PCMag

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community