cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveSafe not opening

Jump to solution

My McAfee LiveSafe updates were not installing so I tried reinstalling the software in order to fix it. When I had finished I tried to open LiveSafe by clicking the shortcut but it would not open. The logo appeared for 1 second and then nothing. I tried the three solutions on the support page (virus, incomplete files, battery) but none of them worked. LiveSafe was working fine before I uninstalled it, I just wanted to get rid of the pending update notifications. Now I am afraid that I have ruined it and will never get it back.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: LiveSafe not opening

Jump to solution

The technician rang me and he successfully installed LiveSafe. All is working now.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Madhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

Hello @emmetgingles 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Even though you have reinstalled the program, I kindly request you to follow the below steps for a complete reinstallation along with other steps as well,

• Uninstall McAfee
  • Ensure you run the MCPR tool provided in the Article post uninstalling from Control Panel
  • Restart the computer
  • Check if there are any pending updates
  • Ensure its up to date
  • Restart again
  • Run McAfee Malware Tool
  • Restart again and perform Installation

Let us know the outcome.

Regards,
Madhan M

Jump to solution

I ran the MCPR tool and got the following error.

mcaffe error.png

When I click on view logs it says "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

Jump to solution

I tried restarting and running it again but I get the same error.

Jump to solution

Hi @Madhan ,

Can you please help me. I don't know how to solve this problem.

I tried two other solutions.

I ran the PreInstall tool. It scanned and gave an error "1 issue remains - Core Component Installation failed".

I tried the McAfee installer as both an administrator and a normal user. Both times it got to 80% and gave an error "SecurityCentre failed to install".

Jump to solution

Does running MCPR in safe mode work?

Jump to solution

Hi @Peacekeeper ,

I ran MCPR in safe mode and got the same error.

Jump to solution

Really now a support call needed maybe even if that fails ask for an escalation to a higher level tech

Call McAfee support

Jump to solution

A related issue.

Every time I restart Windows, it prompts me to run MCPR and both Chrome and Firefox open. This started after I logged in as an administrator. It seems to be applying everything I did as an administrator while I am logged in to my own account. I have checked the startup programs and neither Chrome or Firefox are enabled.

Also whenever I attempt to login as an administrator, it now asks me for a password. I certainly never set one and was able to login the previous time without one. What is going on?

Madhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 10 of 11

Jump to solution

Hello @emmetgingles 

Due to nature of this incident, we will contact and help resolve your issue privately.

I've sent you a private message. Please check.

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community