cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveSafe not cleaning History at all and sometimes Cookies as well

I have contacted McAfee this year at least 2x with this issue, and still not resolved.  Whenever I run QuickClean, I always make sure "clean cookies, cache files, and history in all of my browsers" is checked and when that doesn't clean everything, I actually go back and then click on "choose what to clean in each browser" then make sure there is a check mark next to EVERYTHING offered and run another QuickClean.  Still history remains.  Has anyone else noticed this problem this year alone?  Up until I renewed last October, give or take, I never had this problem.  It wasn't until I renewed and noticed that history never cleans even though the QuickClean will say so...not true.  I can go back to my webbrowser, click on history and sure enough everything is still there.  Same with cookies.  How I know cookies is not being cleaned each time is if I search on a webpage, it's as if days later, that webpage is still showing up as advertisements on other pages I view.  Also, I'll get an email telling me that I didn't complete a search or complete an order from me viewing that page days ago.  How is that happening?  This happens regardless of whether it's the scheduled cleaning or if I run the QuickClean myself.

1 Reply
Moderator ymdfarhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: LiveSafe not cleaning History at all and sometimes Cookies as well

Hello @lcwater

I just tested the functionality on my lab pc and QuickClean did delete the history and cookies from the browsers I selected. Please confirm if you are still facing this issue. If yes, please share the below details to take the issue forward.

1. Does this happen on all browsers or a specific browser? Is the browser open when you run QuickClean?
2. Have you checked if this happens on another user profile on the device?

Regards
Farhan

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!