Re: LiveSafe keeps trying to update

Any news yet about this issue?

Thanks, Dave

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 19

14.0.5084 released with the fix last Wednesday to Au and Kr servers. Us will be 5 Oct BUT and this the big but the download is throttled ie x% users a day get updated so it is hit and miss if you get it unless you reinstall from 1 of the servers . Ca is today I hear I am unsure of the other countries.

You have to have affid 0 as ISP and PC versions such as Dell follow a tad later.

It is now 7 Oct in Europe, will I be offered the update and be done with this issue, or will I have to completely uninstall McAfee and reinstall everything from scratch?

This is getting old.

Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 19

If you are on affid 0 ie bought from McAfee yes you will get it withing a few days as they are throttling the release. I took 7 days to get mine on the wife's PC.  If you are on another affid ie your ISP supplied the software or a pc maker such as dell etc the release should start around now. This what we have been informed. Of course uninstalling and reinstalling will get it especially for affid 0 customers. The other ones maybe not as have not got confirmation they started yet.

It's now 14 October and the build for McAfee Security Center is 14.0.4121

and AntiVirus , AntiSpyware is 18.0.4054.

Is there anything I should do?  The program tells me I'm up to date.  Am I?

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 19

My MSC is the same and still hasn't updated to 5084.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 19

You can wait it out as you will eventually be updated to it. Or as PK mentioned could attempt to get it by doing a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall. My Affid: 0 and I am on the US Server.

And fortunately have received it.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

My software was just updated and the 'numbers' changed.  I'll assume I now have the latest versions and that this updating issue is resolved.

That's it, just passin' this on.

Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Build above 14.0.5084 has it.

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!