Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
me77
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

LiveSafe installation hangs at 82%

Hello,

it is impossible to install McAfee LiveSafe on a W10 1709. The setup stops always unsuccessful at 82%. I already tried all steps from Document ID: TS102268 without any changes. The W10 client has been scanned with stinger32, but no infected files were found. All available Windows Updates has been installed successfully.

Are there any other options to resolve the issue?

Thank you

Best regards

Markus

3 Replies
Moderator sanjay
Message 2 of 4

Re: LiveSafe installation hangs at 82%

Hello Markus,

Would strongly suggest you to contact McAfee Support to have the installation issue addressed, as you have already tried the steps from Document ID:TS102268.

Cheers

Sanjay

I hope Markus has better luck than I am having.
I am having the same problem and HAVE called McAfee tech support.
THREE different techs have been involved.  One supposedly was in a higher level area of support.  
The all remoted in - ran the uninstall program then the install --- and EVERY TIME it stops at the same 82/83% spot.
This went on for over two hours and I had to go to work.  They SAY they are elevating the issue yet again to someone further up.  I will be calling back Monday to try again.
So far McAfee techs do not appear to be doing anything I couldn't do myself.
VERY frustrating after paying almost a hundred dollars for a renewed subscription.

Moderator ymdfarhan
Message 4 of 4

Hello @PaulHGray

Please confirm if you are still facing the same issue. If yes, I will reach out to you to help you with this issue.

Regards
Farhan

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!