cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveSafe doesn't work. Why not?

Hi, I installed, registered, verified, etc. McAfee LiveSafe after paying €50 for it... only to find out that it's not working. What happened:

•  Had to buy a new laptop after old one crashed, bought one including McAfee LiveSafe
  •  Before signing in on my Microsoft account on this Windows 10 Home install I tried McAfee and it worked great, no problems at all
  •  I was asked to restart after signing in on my Microsoft account and bam... McAfee gone, not working
  •  I installed McAfee again and now it works for 50%: I can't scan for viruses, half the menu is either not responding when I click it or a new screen pops up with a loading icon... but it never finishes loading

I'm sorry but this sucks really bad. A virus scanner that can't scan for viruses, really? I paid good money for this and need it fixed ASAP. Right now I have a business to run but I can't because the freaking virus scanner isn't working on this laptop.

What can I do? Who can help? So disappointed right now 😑

I'm running version 16.0, release name 16.0 R18

2 Replies

Re: LiveSafe doesn't work. Why not?

Hi @dennism,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, can you please check what Windows Update is installed on your computer. You need to have Windows Update 1809 installed on your computer, if Windows Update 1809 is installed, please open McAfee and click on the Settings icon at the top right corner and click on General settings and alert, then click on Access Protection. Uncheck the box for Access Protection, go back to the main menu of McAfee and click on PC Security, at the button click on Update this App and check for McAfee Update. Once McAfee is updated is installed, go to My Info at and check the version of McAfee if is shows Version 16.0 R19 which is the latest Version of McAfee.

If McAfee shows version 16.0 R19, restart your computer and then try initiating a Quick Scan first before initiating a Full Scan.

If the issue with McAfee still persists, let us know so we can contact you via Phone to work on McAfee and get the issue fixed.

Regards,
Felix.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: LiveSafe doesn't work. Why not?

Make sure you reactivate access protection also 😀