Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h89
Level 7

LiveSafe Scan stuck at 98%

Jump to solution

Hello,

I looked up this solution online I was just asking to make sure I'm right in thinking that all I have to do is follow this: VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete to make it work properly again.

I think I do but I'm unsure if this will work for LiveSafe or if it's just for other McAfee products. So will this work for LiveSafe?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: LiveSafe Scan stuck at 98%

Jump to solution

Yes that is the suggested workaround for the hanging Issue. However that was originally meant for the 12.8 Version of McAfee Products. I have not heard of many/ if any issues with the 13.6 and above Versions of McAfee. I would go ahead and follow the instructions and run it.

You can also run the MVT  to see if it detects any issues as well. http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/downloadindex.html

If you still experience issues, you can of course contact Technical Support: Services and Support for Home and Office

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
5 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Yes that is the suggested workaround for the hanging Issue. However that was originally meant for the 12.8 Version of McAfee Products. I have not heard of many/ if any issues with the 13.6 and above Versions of McAfee. I would go ahead and follow the instructions and run it.

You can also run the MVT  to see if it detects any issues as well. http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/downloadindex.html

If you still experience issues, you can of course contact Technical Support: Services and Support for Home and Office

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
h89
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yeah it kept hanging for me. I've ran MVT and it said everything was fine but obviously it wasn't as it kept getting stuck. The workaround has fixed the problem though.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Glad that all is okay I also would like to commend you for taking it upon yourself, to utilize the Forum as such. To find the resolution to your particular issue. That is rarely the case....

All the very Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
h89
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos