cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyau25
Level 7

LiveSafe Installation Incomplete due to incompatability with MS KB2862330

I just purchased and successfully installed LiveSafe on 3 or 4 WinXP SP3 PCs at home.  I have spent the pass three(3) days troubleshooting the last PC which goes through most of the install process but ends up with the "LiveSafe Installation Incomplete" error message.  I have troubleshot, researched and follow a lot of the great suggestions on this forum and others and have narrow down my particular issue to an incompatability with the latest Microsoft Security Update  KB2862330 ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2862330) and the LiveSafe Installer.  By the way, the is a known Looping Installation issue with this MS Security Update, see See InfoWorld article http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft-windows/botched-windows-usb-driver-patch-kb -2862330-triggers-b....

I successfully installed all of the LiveSafe features with the exception of the Anti-Virus, by removing the KB2862330 and running the LiveSafe installer.

So I have narrowed down the problem to some incompatability with KB2862330 and the McAfee Anti-Virus feature.  Perhaps KB286330 is not fully or properly installed/registered causing the looping condition and inhibiting the LiveSafe installer from successfully completing all the required tasks.

I am hoping that someone in McAfee Product development provides a work around and/or reaches out to Microsoft to investigate and promprtly resolve the issue.

Please emphatize with your customers and get the matter escalated if you can.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Jorge. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: LiveSafe Installation Incomplete due to incompatability with MS KB2862330

As I stated in the response to another post on this subject I would advise you to contact Technical Support by phone or online chat.  It's free and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

This sort of thing is a bit too technical for us to troubleshoot in the forums.   Googling KB286330 shows that there have been problem reports with other software too, so maybe a subject for Microsoft Forums too.

It would appear to me at least that it's Microsoft who needs to correct the issue.   Meanwhile other companies such as McAfee could indeed do a workaround.  Technical Support is best for that.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/01/14 8:02:36 EST AM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I amended the post above but should add, if an antivirus fails to install, the prime suspect would be either infection or traces of a previous similar product of either the same brand or a rival one.  You might want to check those aspects too.

0 Kudos

Hi jyau25,

That's great news for us. Kindly provide the below information so that I can reproduce the issue and isolate if the issue with the Microsoft update.

Operating System: Win XP SP3

Version of IE :

Version of McAfee Installer:

Tier 2.5 Technician
0 Kudos