Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bl1259
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

LiveSafe Firewall - issue with Program Wants Access pop-up

Jump to solution

Sometime in the last few weeks McAfee LiveSafe updated itself on my Windows-10 system and now has a user interface that is similar but visibly different from the previous version.

I have had the firewall setup for many years in "stealth" mode where if a new application wants to make a connection to the internet I get a pop-up so I can permit or reject it.

Since the new version was installed, the pop-up has a different look to it, which I can deal with.

Worse, however, the new pop-up has only 3 buttons visible - "Allow always";   "Allow once";   and "Allow outgoing".   The "Block" that used to be there is no longer there.   Even the "Allow outgoing" is somewhat cut off with some letters missing.

I guess as a workaround I could allow access, then go into the McAfee application and change things, but this is quite awkward.

I keep my primary monitor in portrait mode - not sure if that is relevant.   That is the only thing I can think of that is non-standard and might be contributing to this issue.

I can move the pop-up box around on the screen, but have not found any way to display the "block" box that is supposed to be there

Anyone have any ideas???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bl1259
Level 8
Message 6 of 9

Re: LiveSafe Firewall - issue with Program Wants Access pop-up

Jump to solution

I was able to find a workaround...

I move the pop-up to the middle of the screen and then use the "tab" key.  When I tab to the "block" button, then the "block" button appears.

8 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Could you provide us a *Screenshot* of the McAfee GUI Version/Build?

Does it resemble this one in this review?

McAfee LiveSafe (2017) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
bl1259
Level 8
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Here is my version information

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

I see..I thought you had been upgraded to the Next Generation (LAM) Scanning Engine 15.0.R0/15.1.156.

See this thread and this is what Version/Build I have.

It is expected to be throttled out the latter part of March. As for your issue, let me do some digging and I will get back to you. During the meantime you could contact Technical Support also. Via Phone/Online Chat by far the Quickest. https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Also it is quite possible that one of my Colleagues will pick up this thread, whom is running Windows 10 and your Version/Build and add to the discussion. I am running Windows 7 on this machine and 15.1.156.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
bl1259
Level 8
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

I was able to find a workaround...

I move the pop-up to the middle of the screen and then use the "tab" key.  When I tab to the "block" button, then the "block" button appears.

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

I see....Have you tried adjusting your Screen Resolution, also What setting do you have your 'Zoom Level'?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
bl1259
Level 8
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Display is 1200 x 1920 (portrait) for #2, which is my "main display"

I think this is what you mean by "zoom"

It is 100%

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

It increases the size of your fonts and interferes with some programs not displaying properly. Normally set at 100% anything higher causes issues. Actually it is the first setting to the right in your screenshot, it is set at minimum. So that is not it.

It quite possibly could be you having it set in *Portrait* Mode as you mentioned ,contributing to it.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer