cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveSafe DAT update

Jump to solution

What is the latest LiveSafe DAT number please?

I have not had an update for two days and I am informed I have the latest updates.

I am on DAT 4310.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: LiveSafe DAT update

Jump to solution

Hi

During the last 24 hours, my LiveSafe software has updated from DAT 4398 to 4310 and now 4313!

I accept all now appears to be working correctly but something must have been going on.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi @ChrisR64,

McAfee updates automatically whenever there is an update rolled out from the server. Hence, you don't have to worry about the updates when you have the Automatic Updates turned On. McAfee will update automatically. You the latest DAT version 4310.

Regards,

Allwyn I

Jump to solution

LiveSafe reinstalled by McAfee by remote control. Problem exists on a second device.

ISSUE NOT RESOLVED.

Remote technician told me 4310 is NOT latest DAT.

Jump to solution

Hi

During the last 24 hours, my LiveSafe software has updated from DAT 4398 to 4310 and now 4313!

I accept all now appears to be working correctly but something must have been going on.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Hi 

When I started up pc today I did an manual search for updates and now has  version 4313. But I have a suggestion that if our pc:s has been shut down over night or longer McAfee should when it´s connected to their servers automaticly should check if the program has the latest update. Now it can take hours before it does so.

Shouldn´t be to hard to implement that function , Avast does that. Another thing I would like to see is that the icon in the activity field should show if McAfee is connected to the cloud. Because tests have showed that it,s about 20% difference in detection rate if the program has a connection to the cloud or not.

McAfee79.5%98.7%100%

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/malware-protection-test-september-2020/

Jump to solution

Hi

This happens from time to time. I,m not so satisfied how McAfee performs updates.

I would like that it seeks for updates right after you have started your pc. For ex now if you have turned of your pc over night it can take several hours before it checks for up-

dates therefore I do a manual check even if I have the automatic turned on. I have another pc with Avast free installed and it allways check for updates right after upstart.

Jump to solution

Update

McAfee uninstalled, cleaned my PC and reinstalled LiveSafe. Same problem DAT still 4310 (Friday)

I updated LiveSafe on a second device that had not been used for a week. It also updated to 4310 (Friday's DAT)

Issue unresolved!

Jump to solution

Issue NOT resolved

Jump to solution

Hi

It.s same for me Total Protection same motorversion 4310.0 this has happened before especially on weekends. Maybe they don´t work then ? I´m almost certain that the problem is going to be solved tomorrow. And I don´t think the pronblem is on our side of the line so to speak. But the problem is that it makes us users (customers) unsecure if the product is reliable. And that is not god for a company.

Jump to solution

Let's hope it is solved tomorrow as it does make you feel insecure.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community