cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

LiveSafe 2020 - Read and execution protection from files on thumb drives

How can I implement/set the subject type of protection in LiveSafe? (Am currently looking at implementing this using Window Registry.) Or does LiveSafe already provide this and is there documentation about it?

Rgds, Dan

2 Replies
Highlighted
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: LiveSafe 2020 - Read and execution protection from files on thumb drives

Hi @D-Baroh 

Please let us know if you are referring to scanning a thumb drive when a file is read or executed.

If McAfee Real Time Scanning is ON and if you are accessing a file even on an external storage drive, McAfee will scan for infections and alert you if there is any.

Regards

Magesh J

Highlighted

Re: LiveSafe 2020 - Read and execution protection from files on thumb drives

thanks for your reply.

I have Real Time Scanning enabled. My concern is with advanced malware sometimes found on thumb drives. I've read where there this malware can auto-execute when the drive is engaged, thus planting itself onto your computer. I think this is different than explicitly reading file(s) off the thumb drive.

If Real Time Scanning detects and prevents auto-executable malware than I am satisfied. If LiveSafe 2020 can not provide this I may have to reply on a Windows 10 registry setting (see folder Policies, setting NoDriveTypeAutorun) which can prevent auto-executables from running.

Rgds, Dan

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community