Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Live Safe - Dell Real Time Scan Failured - Computer at Risk

Bought a notebook from Dell with a 3 year McAfee licence in August/2013 running on Windows 8 platform. Dell took several days to deliver. Computer works fine. However in general application always have more problems.

I have gone to the McAfee console window and have seem that the real time scan feature was active and running nicely.

I did some shreder in data in the waste basket for a while and ran scan.

Howeever suddenly i have realized that my real time scan was indeed OFF

A message was displayed sometimes that my PC was in risk and have desapeared.

Not sure why I reach this issue !!!

When I looked at the seven windows (square blocks ) under the mcAfee rectangle few minutes later and read the window located just at the  left handside on the monitor , which is called VIRUS AND SPYWARE PROTECTION,   I could see this real time scan status changing from the statuses  "  being   initiating... "  and moving suddenly to " OFF. ""

This keeps going forever. A McAfee Support Service have asked me to download the McAfee Technician  and before running this agent, to unmark ALERT PROTECTION from the GENERAL CONFIGURATION AND ALERTS window !!  BUT I DO consider a high risky action to unmark  ALERT PROTECTION.

I have ran the McAfee technician (without disabling alert protection) and the preliminary problem mentioned above is still around .

Reading support Knowledge Base, there is no solution to such problem with Windows 8.

Would McAfee support or other SME´s guided me.  Why this issues happen ? When a Windows 8 solution will be available ?: Does unmarking ALERT PROTECTION is a crazy atitude to pursue???

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 21

Re: Live Safe - Dell Real Time Scan Failured - Computer at Risk

Probably your best cure for this would be to completely uninstall McAfee via Control Panel > Programs and Features

Then run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.

Thenh go to your online account page and reinstall from there.

Please note however, if you have Family Protection you will need the Admin password  and if Anti-Theft installed this wont work and you must contact Technical Support again.

0 Kudos