cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Literally can’t use internet when running LifeSafe

After months of trouble shooting my Lenovo, uninstalling and reinstalling my network adapter, upgrading firmware, etc, because I was getting less than 1mbps on my Lenovo, it’s the LiveSafe!

Just uninstalled it, restarted and lo and behold 8mbps. Sure not the fastest internet, actually pretty slow, but 1mbps is ridiculous! Am I paying $150 a year so I can’t even use the device I’m protecting on the net? 

So, here I am hoping that it’s some simple setting I can just disable and still get some protection from LiveSafe.

Anyone got any suggestion?

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Re: Literally can’t use internet when running LifeSafe

Also, I’ve reinstalled it and I’m back to 1mbps again
Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

Strange symptom that we haven't come across earlier. I'd like to narrow down the component that is causing this. Please disable the protection by turning OFF Real Time Scanning and try Speedtest, disable the Firewall and test again. Based on the outcome we should be able to identify which component of McAfee is causing this.

Thanks Selvan. Tried turning off Real-Time, Speedtest was .26mbps. I also tried turning off the firewall settings, no change either.

Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

Please open a ticket with Technical Support and post back the reference number here for me to follow up.

Hey Selvan,

Thanks, that’s alright I’ve already requested a refund and it’s been processed. So no more LiveSafe for me unfortunately.

Thanks for your help.