cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 17

Re: LS starts a Scheduled Scan on every boot, no what is scheduled

Good to know thanks.  Here's hoping that did the trick.

Re: LS starts a Scheduled Scan on every boot, no what is scheduled


Ex_Brit wrote:



Good to know thanks.  Here's hoping that did the trick.


Thinking back something else might be involved? My W10 it really erratic when shutting down. Sometimes within seconds (I'm on an SSD), other time no disk activity for a long (or so it seems) time, then some activity, a delay, more activity and it shuts down (no this is during update installs). I assumed it was Windows waiting for a task to shutdown before continuing? So I made Registry tweaks to 'fix' this There are many 'solutions' on the web, such as this one, How to Speed up Slow Shutdown in Windows 10 although they suggest 1000 (default is 5000, 5 Sec.) they also warn some application might no save data? Although I do see the settings are correct, wonder if it is stored in 2 different places, one for viewing and one that the app reads? Maybe not but wondering anyway??? BTW, those suggested changes didn't help much either.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 17

Re: LS starts a Scheduled Scan on every boot, no what is scheduled

I had a similar shut down issue on mine and I couldn't believe what was preventing a fast shut down, my wireless keyboard and mouse.  As soon as I toggled those off/on or vice versa or plugged in/out the USB charge cord it all worked again.

Re: LS starts a Scheduled Scan on every boot, no what is scheduled


Ex_Brit wrote:



I had a similar shut down issue on mine and I couldn't believe what was preventing a fast shut down, my wireless keyboard and mouse.  As soon as I toggled those off/on or vice versa or plugged in/out the USB charge cord it all worked again.


Interesting? I have a Logitech mouse/keyboard combo... but why would it work fast sometimes? Odd?

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 15 of 17

Re: LS starts a Scheduled Scan on every boot, no what is scheduled

Very odd.

Re: LS starts a Scheduled Scan on every boot, no what is scheduled


Ex_Brit wrote:



By all scans do you mean that you also turned off Auto-update, QuickClean (if scheduled) and Vulnerability Scanner (on by default)?   The latter can be found under PC and Home Network Tools..


I'm not certain exactly what scans are logged and which aren't actually but it's a thought.


Auto-Update isn't a scan per se is it? I have that one, and the file could wouldn't show as a large number as normal scan's do. QC and VS are always off on this computer. VS is more of a problem than a help. Most apps auto-update and the real problem is back version code many times means a new license.Apps like TeamViewer it can't even install. Of little value to me.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 17 of 17

Re: LS starts a Scheduled Scan on every boot, no what is scheduled


ispalten wrote:




Ex_Brit wrote:



By all scans do you mean that you also turned off Auto-update, QuickClean (if scheduled) and Vulnerability Scanner (on by default)?   The latter can be found under PC and Home Network Tools..


I'm not certain exactly what scans are logged and which aren't actually but it's a thought.



Auto-Update isn't a scan per se is it? I have that one, and the file could wouldn't show as a large number as normal scan's do. QC and VS are always off on this computer. VS is more of a problem than a help. Most apps auto-update and the real problem is back version code many times means a new license.Apps like TeamViewer it can't even install. Of little value to me.


Yes, ignore that post.  After I typed it I thought differently.

Community Help Hub

    New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

  • Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

    Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

  • Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community