cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Java and Vulnerability Scanner

Jump to solution

Hi,

This is a minor issue, but I was wondering if anyone else is encountering this.  Vulnerability scanner constantly thinks Java is out of date and wants to update it.  It keeps telling me that I have Update 171 when I do have the latest update, 201.  I've let Vulnerability Scanner do the update it thinks it need to do, but it still thinks I have an out-of-date version of Java.  I've also gone to Java's test page which confirms that I only have update 201 installed.  This has been going on for a few weeks.  I'm pretty sure since Java released update 201.  I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.  LiveSafe version 16.0 R18.  Vulberability Scanner version 7.8.101.  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Java and Vulnerability Scanner

Jump to solution

Hi @notbobsmith,

Please be informed that the issue with Java and Vulnerability Scanner has been resolved, please check  your machine and confirm that the issue is fixed.

Thanks,
Felix.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @notbobsmith,

I understand that McAfee Vulnerability Scanner keeps requesting to update Java version 171 even after Java has the latest version 201 installed on your computer. We are currently investigating on the issue with our Engineering Team to provide a resolution.

Once we have an update, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Felix.

Jump to solution
Thanks for the help. Like I said, it's a minor issue, but it continues to do this as recently as this weekend.

Jump to solution

Hi @notbobsmith,

Please be informed that the issue with Java and Vulnerability Scanner has been resolved, please check  your machine and confirm that the issue is fixed.

Thanks,
Felix.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Jump to solution

I just checked and it is working correctly!  Vulnerability Scanner no longer wants to update Java.  Thanks for your help, especially for such a relatively minor issue.

Hmmm, I was able to mark the post as an accepted solution, but the "Kudos" button doesn't work for me.