cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejohnston
Level 7

Issue with pre installed expired livesafe on new laptop

Hi,

I have just bought a new laptop yesterday and there was already livesafe on it but it had expired and I kept getting the warning to uninstall or update.  I had purchased new mcafee livesafe software and have installed and activated it.  However I am still getting the warning window coming up of expired software to be uninstalled.  When I go to find it I can only find the new working livesafe.  Do I need to uninstall it and then reinstall?

Help appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Issue with pre installed expired livesafe on new laptop

I moved this to LiveSafe as a better spot for it.

Yes it would seem that some registry keys for the old installation are still there so go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstall everything McAfee.

Then run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.

Reinstall  the right one from your online account.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I guess (2) responses are better than one  Especially when they are the same advice.

I wish this platform would inform us, when another are replying to the same thread..

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
Level 20

To answer your question, Yes. Always before installing a 'New' Subscription, one must go to Control Panel/Programs /Features and uninstall the expired Subscription/Restart To release the expired one from your account.

Then follow up using the latest 'MCPR' Tool/Restart. Afterwards go back to your account and reinstall the 'New'/Active subscription.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

You may also try contacting Support at http://service.mcafee.com they would run a subscription repair tool on your laptop to fix the issue. This eliminates the need to reinstall the product. However if the issue persists even after using the tool. Reinstalling the product as suggested by @Ex_Brit and should fix the issue for sure.

Cheers

Sanjay

catdaddy
Level 20

Sanjay,

Thank you for your valuable advice   My question is since I/We have the 'Link' to the McAfee Subscription Tool ourselves. Would it be best for Support to Run the Tool for the OP, or should we post it in the thread as well?

Cheers,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Re: Re: Issue with pre installed expired livesafe on new laptop

Hello

There are different versions of the tool for different operating System. It is ideal that we direct users to Support at this time for repairing subscription.

Tier 2.5 Technician
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Thanks Selvan I should have known that....my Bad.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Re: Re: Issue with pre installed expired livesafe on new laptop

You're Welcome.

Tier 2.5 Technician
0 Kudos