Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmack
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Is it time to contact BBB?

I registered here fid out how to activate a live safe retail card. I see I am flogging a dead horse here. The activation page doesn't exist and the threads on the subject are locked. No answers, just more non existent web pages. Not only was it a waste of eighty bucks but now I have to purchase some sort of McAfee Protection protection.

4 Replies

Re: Is it time to contact BBB?

Moved to LiveSafe.

Try

If that fails then Technical Support is free of charge by phone or online chat and linked below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

BTW threatening BBB at first post is hardly conducive to obtaining help as this is, after all, mainly a user-to-user help forum.

SPyron
Level 12
Message 4 of 5

Hey Dmack,

Ex_Brit is correct, that support should be able to assist with this without cost.

Does the LiveSafe card have a URL on it for activation? I found this KB article that might help: How to redeem a McAfee LiveSafe retail card activating your subscription

If not, please let me know so I can let our KB author know.

Somer L. Pyron
Knowledge Analyst
ServicePortal: support.mcafee.com
Web: www.mcafee.com
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Usually it's one of two problems. A, you are not typing the correct URL- maybe your card is smudged or something, or you are confusing a 1 for an L etc? B, you have a fake retail card.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community