cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwertyleo
Level 7

Is a offline installer avilable for livesafe?

Ive had a bit of a google but im rammed at work at the moment and had little success, we sell livesafe as a primary product, however the internal network is broken (or breaks often should I say), and I am unable to iknstall peoples mcafee live safe for them, this is leading to my collgues selling norton 360\NIS as they have offline installers (and office 2013 over office 365 for the same reason).

Thanks in advance

Q

0 Kudos
7 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Is a offline installer avilable for livesafe?

Not that I'm aware of because the installer needs to fetch the latest files online and I thought Norton software did exactly the same thing.  This is the case even if you are installing from a CD.

An Internet connection is part of the basic system requirements published on the product pages.

You could ask Customer Service, it's a free phone call and available 24/7/365:  0800 028 7581

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/12/13 7:04:15 EST AM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Here's the actual LiveSafe Support page:  https://home.mcafee.com/secure/livesafe/topsolutions/?cid=120066

0 Kudos
qwertyleo
Level 7

I can use my phone connection to set the account up via tethering, but noway is my 1gb a month good enough to download 30 to 40 copies a week, heh

N360/nis, have full offline installers that I can install the full program and update defintions, then set it to update to the latest version when on the customers net connection.

Thanks for the link

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I think you need McAfee Sales Department if you are doing this on a commercial basis.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/about/contact-us.aspx#cf=united_kingdom

This subject is really beyond the purview of these forums.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/12/13 7:46:09 EST AM
0 Kudos
qwertyleo
Level 7

fair enough I just spoke to cmafee cmr services and they said its not avilable, Ill try the new link, thank you for the help and reponse

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

OK good luck.  I have no idea what the company gives out to commercial enterprises who are mass-installing the software, usually as trial versions, but I would assume it's totally different from that which is available to individuals.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Offline installers are not available as of now However it is best to have the Online installation which will download the latest content from McAfee servers unlike Offline-Installers.

Hoping it to be released in the future as it requires incorporating all the features bundled in a single file. Further there might be complexities while using these Installers for Partner Products wherein features may vary.

Regards

Tier 2.5 Technician
0 Kudos