Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
river1
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Ignored settings, automatic update

I need an explanation from McAfee to why "notify me of updates but don't download" is ignored and a bluescreen for restarting for updates pops up with no regard to what is happening at the time? The update also changes the settings. I have no use for such BS arrogance. Additionally, why do software providers believe nothing is more important or immediate than their service? This is a new service with a trial subscription. Why should I keep it. Furthermore and while I'm at it, why do I need to have someone remove completely from my computer? Uninstall is a joke according to the firewall logs. I need this explained and to hell with your "call us" nonsense.

1 Reply
Moderator ymdfarhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ignored settings, automatic update

Hello river1

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please confirm the Release Name of McAfee installed by going to Account > About.

Also confirm if this happened after McAfee updated automatically or after you checked for McAfee updates manually. When McAfee does update and needs a restart, McAfee shows a pop up asking for the user to initiate a restart as opposed to initiating a restart automatically.

Regards
Farhan

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!