cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do NOT want Quick Scan to run - why cant I disable this?

Getting really fed up with LiveSafe.

It is TOTALLY unacceptable to put in features that the CUSTOMER can not control.

without warning and seemingly at randow times LiveSafe runs QuickScan and then I lose all my log ins that I have saved.

After the imposition of vaults now this.

Please let me know how I can disable this feature.

Have got the point of thinking I wont renew with McAfee because it has become such an non-user friendly experience. and I have been a customer for years.

3 Replies
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: I do NOT want Quick Scan to run - why cant I disable this?

Hi @crosscustomer 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this but as of now there is no possible option to disable quick scan with in McAfee UI.

We will share your concerns with our engineering team and they may consider these changes to  be made as per users requests in up coming product road map. 

Thanks,

Well I have never had a problem with it before, and have had LiveSafe installed for a number of years.

Like SafeVault this seems to be something you have arrogantly assumed the user will want.

It isn't for you to tell users how their computer system works.

Have lost any faith in your product and those implementing this dictatorial processes.

Its a bit like facebook who seem to think they know how people runs their lives and change the settings to impose that on everyone.

You need to ask people about their real live needs, not allow someone who things doing something technically possible is always right. 9 times out of 10 it isn't.

Looks like I will be moving to Norton.

Thanks but no thanks.

Is this in the new Interface my older 1 still has quick scan as manually done.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community